Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From Broadway to Hollywood

cujas

Let's keep all the original information below in our heads--

Hint: Actor's 1st Oscar award nomination was Supporting Actor for a 50's film that introduced one of Hollywood's legendary female superstars of the 50's and 60's.

FYI--This actor's TV show was "bigger" than *My Favorite Maritian* and he was the star.

This '40s Broadway revue had a similar premise as a multi-Oscar-winning film of the '40s. One of its stars was also a co-star of a landmark musical film of the late '40s.. The Broadway revue was made into a film in the early '50s which was a musical, but many of the songs from the revue were deleted. The film starred a woman who was big box office.. Name of revue and film?

Edited by: finance on Jun 22, 2011 3:43 PM

Metz, Just so happens I was thinking of Earl Carroll and you were first. But I guess Ziggy produced one movie so that answer would be correct also.

Metz is up--

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes the Broadway playwright wrote the screenplay for the movie adaptation of his/her work and sometimes not.

And Sometimes the playwright wrote the screenplay for a film adapted from somebody else's novel.

And Sometimes the playwright wrote an original screenplay for a movie.

Please give me an example of all the above: There will be 4 answers. But, take care, there doesn't have to be 4 different playwrights mentioned.

Edited by: cujas on Jul 13, 2011 7:27 PM

Archived