Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

X the Unknown and Robert's Intro

DavidB1959

The point of the "X" is the British Board of Censors were catagorizing these innocent movies as adults only when the main audience was kids. The censors were incredibly stupid by denying the films the opportunity to reach their intended audience.

>>Robert must have forgotten about The Creeping Unknown's original British release title - The Quatermass Xperiment. The unique spelling was to promote/exploit the "X" certificate the film received as well as the later X the Unknown.

Had he mentioned that, he would have added his own unique pronunciation and called it "The QUARtermass Xperiment." Maybe they left it out just to spare us.

Now if they could only find a way to keep him from saying Harry Cohn's last name as "Cohen."

EDITED TO ADD;

See, he just did it again - five times he referred to QUARtermass.

Edited by: clore on Oct 22, 2010 9:32 PM

>>You folks might want to check in with your ear doctor.

I just had a physical a few weeks ago. My hearing is exceptional according to the doctor.

*You folks might want to check in with your ear doctor. I heard KWAT-er-mass every time....and enjoyed the film, too. Thanks, Bob, for getting it right!*

Yeah, I heard KWAH-termass, too.

Too bad it's pronounced KWAY-termass... or if you're Brian Donlevy: KWAY-termuss.

*Can someone let me know the correct pronunciation of Juarez ? We haven't discussed that for a few months.*

Rich,

I have it on good authority that it's pronounced with a hard G. :)

Good luck with that!

Archived