Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you ever think TCM will ever offer a HDTV signal? It would be awesome to see the widescreen films and all the rest as sharp as they could be. Something I would pay for. If you ever seen the HDMovie channel presentations of Gypsy, the Music Man, or Bye Bye Birdie you would be screaming for this service.

• 1 year later...

I agree. According to their customer service team, the launch of TCM HDTV was supposed to be in early 2005. Looks like that launch date was missed.

I'd gladly pay $10 a month for TCM in HD, assuming it is a full bandwidth HD signal (like HDNET) rather than a low bandwidth HD signal (like HBOHD with all their pixelization, and cropped movies).

It would be awesome to see the widescreen films and all the rest as sharp as they could be.

If you want to see them "as sharp as they could be," you're going to need something better than the 1080i digital HD standard that the manufacturers'/broadcasters' convention came up with, and that we're now stuck with.

Several years ago, I saw a demonstration of 1500-line analog HD that blows away the current standard. It looked just like projected 35mm. film.

Like so much in our society, we're handed dog food and told by its purveyors that it's filet mignon (the two-tier baseball playoffs and mindless expansion are a classic example).

Some of us can tell the difference.

I'd like to see TCM in HDTV. I have a very nice (and quite large) HDTV, and would love to get clearer pictures - as clear as they can be, anyway.

That said, I have to say that TCM does an amazing job of getting a clear picture with these films. I'm sure some of them are not in exactly the best shape, and they deserve alot of credit for making them as clear as they are.