Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Terrence1

What Do They Have in Common?

It's my pleasure. These roles have a common denominator..

Robin Hood The Adventures of Robin Hood

Dave the Dude Lady for A Day

Alfred Doolittle My Fair Lady

Don Corleone The Godfather

EGR? I thought of Cagney, but he had already died before *The Godfather* was filmed

btw, Edythe- It's GREAT to see you back on the bds. Did you get to visit sunny Fla?

Your first instinct was correct. According to Rbt Osborne, Cagney turned down the role of Vito Corleone plus the role of Hyman Roth in The Godfather II, also the role of Harry in Harry and Tonto. Picture him as Robin Hood?? uh uh! Lav, I have to confess, Fla was NOT sunny. But it was fun to get out of Wisconsin. Take the thread. You were right to begin with.

I've been distracted, not sure why I was thinking about Cagney passing away before *The Godfather* . Glad he didn't take the role.He could have done the Roth role, but Lee Strassberg did a great job. No way on Robin Hood. So surprised you said that about the weather. It's been sunny here for months on end, gorgeous weather for the last 8 months. Just starting to get humid. Tell your cousin to move to southern Fla. next time around!

I haven't got one at the moment, someone can jump in.

I'll jump back in. Name 2 films from the UK released a year apart each under an original title and becoming more famous under a new title. One film in '46 and 1 in '47??

The film from '46 was recently shown on TCM and has an undertone of the afterlife. The film from '47 had an original title involving a relative ??

The second film was originally titled Uncle Silas and re-released as The Inheritance. Finance got 1/2 which is better than none. You may take it or pass.

Here's one:

*"The Squaw Man" (1931).*

*"Tom Jones" (1963).*

*"The List of Adrian Messenger" (1963).*

*"Marnie" (1964).*

> *"The Squaw Man" (1931).*

>

> *"Tom Jones" (1963).*

>

> *"The List of Adrian Messenger" (1963).*

>

> *"Marnie" (1964).*

Hint: Think of an outdoors sporting activity.

> {quote:title=flashback42 wrote:}{quote}A fox hunt?

Correct! Sorry for the late reply. Like everyone else, I had trouble downloading the TCM site yesterday.

Your turn!

Thanks, jakeem. I knew bupkus from *Squaw Man*, but I took the chance. -- I was familiar with the other three. Next up:

There may be a more than one thing that these performers have in common, but I have just one thing in mind to answer the question.

Tom Mix

James Stewart

Audie Murphy

John Gavin

Andy Griffith.

...What do they have in common.