Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Do They Have in Common?

I'm not going to make an issue of this. I'll assume you're right, ms. What I was shooting for, and what the first clue suggested, was that all three played members of the police force in well-known noirs. Andrews in LAURA and WHERE THE SIDEWALK ENDS, Ford in THE BIG HEAT, and Mitchum in THE RACKET. Yours, ms.

Dana Andrews played Brig. Gen. Walter Naylor in "The Devil's Brigade" , Gen. Williams in "The Satan Bug", and Gen. George C. Marshall in "Ike: The War Years"...Glenn Ford played Lt.Gen. Omar Bradley in "Is Paris Burning?"...and, of course, Robert Mitchum played Brig. Gen. Norman Cota in "The Longest Day".

In "Midway", Robert Mitchum played Admiral William F. Halsey and Glenn Ford played Rear Adm. Raymond Spruance...Dana Andrews played Admiral Broderick in "In Harm's Way"....

Thread open...

As it was late last night when I got on and I only noticed the top post, I didn?t even realize that cluny had posted. But you, lavender, gave me the answer I was looking for, that they all married, divorced, and got remarried to the same person! If you wish to give the thread to cluny, that?s up to the both of you.

Again, thanks for playing!