Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Do They Have in Common?

No, GPfan, canes were not involved and even umbrellas were not used in one instance.  As noted in my previous answer, try to think of the context in which these similar numbers were presented in their respective films.  

Don't know if this will help, but here are a few more names to add to the list:

Dick Powell

Ann Sothern 

Bill Robinson

John Payne

Ray McDonald

Think of them in connection with the previous list of names.

Sorry, Princess, vaudeville would be incorrect.  I think the time has come to just go ahead and give the answer and I will leave it between you and Terrence as to who wants to take the thread because he was on the right track as to the how the numbers were similar and you were correct in that they were all performed within the story as part of a musical show.  What I was looking for was that all of the performers that I listed did a number that involved rain in a staged setting.  The specific numbers I had in mind were:

Pettin' in the Park from Gold Diggers of 1933 (Dick Powell & Ruby Keeler)

Rhythm of the Rain from Folies Bergere de Paris (Maurice Chevalier & Ann Sothern)

I Love to Walk in the Rain from Just Around the Corner (Shirley Temple & Bill Robinson)

Run, Little Raindrop, Run from Springtime in the Rockies (Betty Grable & John Payne)

Till the Clouds Roll By from Till the Clouds Roll By (Ray McDonald & June Allyson)

Thanks for all the answers!

Azure-- you're really something! I thought that was a hard question.

When I thought about doing this question I had seen all of the shows except Jane Wyman. And she was the pioneer of all, starting in the late 1940s even before I Love Lucy. So maybe that's why I didn't know it, because I hadn't been born.LOL

Oh, how we all just loved Loretta coming through that door with that gorgeous wardrobe.

Now Azure, it is your turn to come through that door with that Lilt Home Permanent--

Thanks, Princess (although I'll have to do without the perm....it wouldn't look good on me.....ha!)  Well, I already knew about Loretta Young's and Barbara Stanwyck's shows and I learned about June Allyson's show from another trivia thread.  I had a hunch that their TV shows were the connection, so I did a search to see if Jane Wyman also had a show....and voila!  There was the answer.

:)

Next:  What do these former child stars have in common?

Mickey Rooney

Deanna Durbin

Margaret O'Brien

Peggy Ann Garner

Bobby Driscoll

Is it that they were each in a film with the word "bridge" in the title?

Vivien Leigh -- Waterloo Bridge

Carroll Baker -- Bridge to the Sun

Maureen Stapleton -- A View from the Bridge

Joanne Woodward -- Mr. and Mrs. Bridge

Juliette Binoche -- The Lovers on the Bridge (aka Les Amants du Pont-Neuf)