Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HORROR MOVIE TRIVIA

Bingo!, Sixes. The SPFX are good, and yet they remain cheesy at the same time. Strother Martin never waisted my time, and I really got a kick out of his one star turn. He was a favorite of director Sam Peckinpah, and they worked together often.

Sixes' thread, after some 140 Views.

• 2 weeks later...

Mantan Moreland

December 30, 1939--Hattie McDaniel, the first Black person to win an Oscar, signed an exclusive contract with David O. Selznick--Selznick International Pictures.

Edited by: cujas on Apr 24, 2012 2:16 PM

Good guess but no. Hint: It's a woman. When Manton Moreland accuses her of cooking for zombies in King of the Zombies, she responds that she "...cooks for the living, not the dead." Her first feature was for D.W. Griffith; her last for Anthony Quinn.

It looks like no one is going to get this, so I'll just reveal the answer. It's *Madame Sul-Te-Wan*, who played Tahama in King of the Zombies and is said to be the first African-American actor to sign a contract. Here is a tribute that someone posted on TCM:

http://fan.tcm.com/_Madame-Sul-Te-Wan-A-Persistent-Pioneer/blog/501318/66470.html

I think she gives a great performance as Tahama in King of the Zombies, a film which, btw, was nominated for an Oscar for best music score!

Thread open.

• 1 month later...

Mix of genres. -- Vampire and Wiseguy. A newly-recruited vampire, seemingly just a sick man, is hospitalized. The nurse who checks on him in the morning speaks cheerfully, but she's concentrating on her work, rather than on him. The patient (well-known performer) approaches her just as she opens the window blinds. Strong morning sunlight hits suddenly. He is blown into hundreds of bloody pieces.

Film?

People, bitten, don't know they're turning into vampires. They just react to their new cravings. They take steaks, frozen hamburger, etc, out of the freezer, hold it over a flame, suck it for the emerging blood as it thaws, slowly.

This film installs a new vampire "rule" I haven't seen in any other context. In addition to burning, sunlight, and stake through the heart, there is another vampire "kill". -- Blow apart the spine with a shotgun blast. A female vampire, who turns men in order to use them for sex, dispatches them this way when they've served their purpose.

Early 1990s. Droll typecasting: Several of the ethnic gangsters have played similar roles in other movies. The cop has appeared as officers -- both local and Federal -- in other venues. The vampire who perished when the blinds opened is another cliche. Jewish, but a Mob lawyer. The performer has a sturdy reputation as a caustic comic.

The sexy vampire, who has been doing this for generations, started on another continent. She has a (real) French accent.

Taglines include:

The movie that goes straight for the jugular.

and

For generations the Mafia preyed on the innocent. Tonight, someone is preying on them.

And, can't locate it at the moment, but somewhere there is a comment about, "She developed a taste for Italian."

On the money, Sixes! I really though I would have to retire this one. Just look at that cast list. The sexy Vamp was the original (French) Femme Nikita, and Don Rickles was the new vampire who blew apart when the blinds went up. Fun show.

mr6666's thread.

• 1 month later...

This 1959 horror film, based on a play, featured an actor often seen in horrors as the villain, but in this instance he winds up a victim. Name the film and the actor. And name the female lead, who lent her voice to radio shows.

That was a very good question mr.6. I conked out just as the film began. All of Babs pre-codes last nite was all I could handle. btw, today marks my 4th year anniversary on the bds. You and flash were the 2 posters that both welcomed me. :)

Can't think of one right now so Thread Is Open.

• 2 weeks later...