Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEMovieman

HORROR MOVIE TRIVIA

The Count exits the funeral, turns into a bat to aid his escape, and almost gets brought down by an Hispanic family who think he's a "black chicken", and want to make him their dinner. Arriving at the hotel suite where he should have been taken in the first place, he points to the other misdelivered coffin and tells his cringing, fawning hunchback sidekick, "There's a dead Schwartzer in there!"

Edited by: flashback42 on Dec 23, 2012 6:19 AM

Now it's my turn to wait a week. Thanks alot :P

A guy and his girl take a romantic vacation to a cabin in the woods.

Strange things abound. The guy is forced to kill his girl to protect himself.

This is pre 1950

A noted musician lives in a large manor house near a small, isolated

Italian village. He suffers a stroke and (now) uses a wheelchair to get

around. He has retreated to the manor house for the past few years.

Yes, I guess they didn't want to call it "A Big Hand For The Little Lady". Now, in a vintage horror picture featuring a spooky old house, secret panels, a seance, and several murders, there is a lunatic killer skulking about. At the end of the picture,he turns to the camera and threatens to "come and get" the audience members if they reveal the ending of the movie. Can you name the picture?

Here's a hint or two. As a publicity stunt, a man arranges to be buried alive with many witnesses present, and then show up later, still very much alive. Of course, it's a magic trick with a false bottom in the box and an escape route. Oh yes, Wallace Ford plays a reporter, the cops investigating the murders are all very dumb, and one more thing, Bela Lugosi is in most scenes as a servant wearing a turban. That ought to be enough to get you started.

Thanks, Miles.

Here's one that I saw years ago, and only once. BW. Early 50s, and I believe it was on first issue when I saw it. What looks like a meteor lands in the American desert; turns out it was a crashed alien craft. Elements that mix in: Like unto the '80s version of The Thing, aliens can morph themselves to seem human, in fact to masquerade as a specific human. // Like unto The Day the Earth Stood Still, they are not ready to deal with humans until we become less warlike. Like unto E.T, they have crashed on Earth, and they need to make repairs -- and they need time to do that.

It Came From Outer Space ? (The giant jelly cyclops that leaves a sparkling trail)

Thank you

A disloyal manservant aids the escape of three people from

a dungeon cell, the walls of which are crushing in on them

under pressure of river water churned against them by a

water wheel on the chateau.

In the beginning -

At a tavern outside Paris in the 1600's, a fiendish aristocrat signals his

flunkies to embroil a drunken ladies' man in a fight for his life. When the

drunken man is forced to shoot his opponent, the tavern mob immediately

brands him a murderer and he is forced to flee through the countryside,

arriving at the aristocrat's as planned. Once he enters, the door closes

behind him and will not reopen. The aristocrat informs the startled young

man that he is now a prisoner and will be forced to marry his niece.

I've picked a poor choice for trivia here. There really isn't much more to reveal

other than names. Here's something.. A review by Leonard Maltin: ..(lead actor)

camps it up in this heavy-handed, obvious adaptation of a Robert Louis Stevenson

story about a sadistic squire and his nefarious schemes.

I'll reveal the title a bit later and leave the thread open.

I read Kidnapped a couple of times when I was middle-school age. It has been filmed several times. Is it one of those versions, maybe 1960 or 1971?

Kidnapped is 18th century - this one is 17th. Some similarities but this one is land based.

Motives are different. Kidnapped is money - this one, revenge. Two very notable male stars

here. One is the servant who saves everyone from the crushing dungeon walls in the end.

Orloff hands motif here--scientist uses blood of a killer for his death-defying serum on himself--only to find that it turns him into a killer also.

cujas honey, I know both films, so much fun - just mixed them up, you're thinking of *Before I Hang* ?

I watched both of them on Halloween. Wish you'd hang out here more often. :)