Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEMovieman

HORROR MOVIE TRIVIA

(402)

Thanks, Sixes. I had almost forgotten this thread. Identify this one.

A renegade Scientist receives contact from an Alien being and helps guide it to land on Earth. Sort of an interplanetay quisling. Mid 50s. B&W.

> {quote:title=cmvgor wrote:}{quote}

> (402)

> Thanks, Sixes. I had almost forgotten this thread. Identify this one.

>

> A renegade Scientist receives contact from an Alien being and helps guide it to land on Earth. Sort of an interplanetay quisling. Mid 50s. B&W.

(417)

Having garnered 15 Views on this question, I want to give it up ( *It Conquered The World* , 1956, Peter Graves and Lee Van Cleef, et al). I want to switch to another title, more recent, more campy, more fun. Here goes:

Mad Scientist. Holds a university research position. Has decided that the human race is doomed, and the future belongs to the reptiles. Color. 1970s.

Not *Screamers* . The professor has a long-term plan to meld the human and reptile genes, so that Humanity will survive in some form. He is smarter than the people around him -- staff, faculty, students -- and the Police, when it comes to that -- but he's also batsh*t crazy.

Fantisy plot and cheesy spfx. For me the kicky point about this film is the casting. A performer who had a long and honored career in support roles is the star. To the best of my knowledge and belief, this was the only occasion that this performer got star listing and above-the-title billing.

Also worth mentioning: The snakes used by the professor in his lab are real. The actors handle some right fair-sized reptiles personally. The only mock-up serpent is a giant anaconda that is digesting a nosy faculty member who was getting too close to the professor's secrets.

The professor's new lab assistent is (without his knowledge) slated to be the first to be changed from human to king cobra.

"...(Animals) do not sweat and emply about their condition. They do not lay awake in the dark and weep for their sins..."

Correct, Sixes. Old "failure to communicate." As far as I can find, his one-and-only top billing gig.

Your thread.

I've only seen this movie once--but he was wonderful! The beginning of a horror icon.

My Lon Chaney Jr. in *Man Made Monster*.

Karloff refused to call this professional man by his correct title because he knew him as a student. So he addresses him with a nickname.

This, for some reason, makes the professional gentleman very angry.

Please give us the Movie & the Names of the character and of actor who played him.

Movie correct--

the professional man was a doctor played by Henry Daniell--Dr MacFarlane or "Toddy"

(FYI--Lugosi played Daniell's servant)

Metz is up next--

evil scientistv using nerve gas on his young assistant turns him into a mindless ghoul that must have human heart substance to live.