Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEMovieman

HORROR MOVIE TRIVIA

i am sure cujas and others know this one

the word "doctor" is in the title

I'm sorry Metz--I stayed away because I don't know any Fox horror--

best I can do is Universal's *The Mad Doctor of Market Street*--

Dr. Renault's Secret is an American horror movie that was released to theaters in 1942. It was made by 20th Century Fox studios and was filmed in Black and White.

thanks anyway cujas

Fairly common setup, I guess, in modern USA: Teenage girl, child of divorce, is slated to spend the summer with her father. His work requires him to spend said summer in a rural area; old house, no neighbors, no city convienances (the writers' entertaining twist, I guess). Grossoutnoflippin' way! Right? Then some handiman work is needed on the place. The business that responds to the call is named "Three Guys And A Truck." They're teenagers, stairstepping from about 12 to about 19. The daughter looks the oldest one over, and ends her rebellion about staying here.

But there's a backstory

Ten years previously, an occupant of this house had returned from Europe with a valuable trove of gold coins, and also with a nonhuman being that coveted the gold. In a trunk and under a spell, the creature was harmless. But it didn't stay secured for long after the arrival of the new tenants.

Thanks, Sixes. I looked around a bit before settling on this one.

Mid 70s. Color. Less than 90 minutes. Witches! Innocent parties witness a human sacrifice, and then we have about 84 minutes of chase sequence.

???

(2,347)

Two young married couples, in a motorized camper. Motorcycles lashed on the back. On the way from Texas to Colorado. Want to do some skiing, some off-road biking. Camped out one night, they witness the Coven ritual, and then they're on the run.

Correct at 31 Views. Peter Fonda, also Warren Oates, also Loretta Swit. All of whom went on to bigger things.

Sixes' thread.

This fine character actor specialized in monsterous villany for Universal. His "murderous" cinematic career was the opposite of his brother's, who was a comical character, co-starring in one of Hollywood's most famous children's movie.

Yes--the Morgan Bros--Ralph is so creepy in *Night Monster* that Bela won't go out after dark.

Miles is up---

Can you name the two movie actors who played the Frankenstein monster, Count Dracula, and the Mummy in separate movies? Remember, Karloff never played Count Dracula, and Lugosi never played the Mummy.

Lon Chaney, Jr. played The Mummy in several movies, the 1st one being "The Mummy's Curse". Lon played Frankenstein in "The Ghost of Frankenstein" and he was Count Alucard in "Son of Dracula".

To answer the rest of this question, I went back to my family drive in days. We saw Christoper Lee play all those parts in the Hammer films--real gothic and very bloody, but not as much fun as Universal's with that punchy music. ("The Curse of Frankenstein", "The Mummy" and "Dracula" 1958, that's the 1st one we saw.)

Edited by: cujas on Aug 13, 2011 6:32 PM

Right again, Ms. Cujas. If I had thrown in the Wolfman, then Lon Chaney Jr. would have been the only answer. Christoper Lee was in "The Howling 2", but he did not play a werewolf. Now that you mentioned drive-ins, I got to thinking about the old days. Very few are left. My town still has one. It now has three screens and has double features on each screen. It's sort of a drive-in multiplex. During the day on Sundays there is a big flea market there. We could probably do a whole thread about drive-in theaters, but that is a topic for the General Discussion forum.

Cujas, I can't seem to stump you on questions about musicals, dancers, or Broadway. Now I can't stump you with horror movies. What am I going to do? I guess I'll keep looking. In the meantime, it's your turn.

It's true I love musicals, but Universal is my secret pleasure.

This veteran character actor was a stand-out in Hollywood during the early 40's. His career started abroad as a star of horror films. However, he was famous for his portrayal in a Hollywood melodrama/horror classic before the advent of sound.

Edited by: cujas on Aug 15, 2011 6:35 PM

I don't know if cujas saw this or not. One small hint as to the movie she's a memorable victim, it stars a major horror star whose waning careeer made him play secondary parts. Name the actress described below and the movie where she is killed. The movie is told in flashback.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Aug 21, 2011 4:50 PM

I'll try this again to see if cujas or anyone wants to guess. Let me rephrase:

What 1947 Bela Lugosi film is told by flashback from a victim's point of view? Name the film and the actress who's the victim/storyteller.