Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEMovieman

HORROR MOVIE TRIVIA

6--you're a stronger horror movie fan than me--I've watched that movie 4 times on THIS in the last 2 months and fell asleep everytime before I saw the ending. 6 is the Man!

another direction:

"The young carpenter from Nazareth? I knew him well. Promising young man. He died badly."

Film? Speaker?

Thanks, Sixes. I sort of snuck up on the answer from the blind side. In another project, I'm rereading a lot of John O'Hara material. I consider it one of the great missing masterpieces that his opus using that title has never been filmed. Next up.

An impossible calander. A year that could not possibly exist in the universe we occupy now.

A little more info:

This 1980 horror movie, which stars an actor known for refusing awards, is supposedly based on true events that happened in Denver, Colorado in the 1960s and was the first film to win the Genie Award best picture. The film costarred the actor's wife.

Thanks, he was a genius.

This film is a remake and based on a novel. In this version, the ending was originally going to be the the male lead was the father of the female lead, instead of his unrequited love. Film?

:) 1943 version of *Phantom of The Opera* . The original script for this version would have been Claudin (Claude Rains) as Christine's (Susanna Foster) father instead of the object of his love obsession. Good work, mr.6. Your thread.

You're obviously referring to Henry B. Walthall, who played Edgar Allan Poe in the 1915 version of "The Raven". He was "the little colonel" in "Birth Of A Nation", and he played Roger Chillingworth in both the 1926 silent and 1934 sound versions of "The Scarlet Letter". However, I don't know when he played Poe in any other films.

Thanks. Universal Studios was known for their great horror films of the thirties and forties. Their was a very pretty young actress who was featured in a few of them, most notably two films with Lon Chaney Jr. She specialized in playing exotic types, such as Gypsies, senoritas, and harem girls. Many years later, as a middle aged actress, she was a featured regular in a TV medical drama series. Can you name her, as well as the two Chaney movies? By the way, it is not Evelyn Ankers.

Elena Verdugo did a nice little gypsy dance and was loved from afar by hunchback J. Carroll Naish in *House of Frankenstein* starring Lon, Jr. She was also in "The Frozen Ghost" with him in the "Inner Sanctum" series.

FYI--I collect Lon, Jr. videos.

Of course Elena co-starred with Robert Young and Barbra's 2nd husband in "Marcus Welby, MD", where I don't recall her doing gypsy dancing.

Maybe she danced in some of Dr. Welby's dreams. Did you know that the facade that was used as the front of Dr. Welby's house is the same one that was used for the Cleaver house in the "Leave It To Beaver" series? It's on the Universal Studios back lot in California. Good job, cujas. It's your turn now.

These 2 guys were WB supporting actors in many WB gangster/noir classics, usually starring Bogie and sometimes Cagney. They usually played bad guys, but occasionally played cops.

For our purposes here, they are 2 bad guys who are in a conspiracy to frame an innocent man for murder. This is a horror movie because after the man is executed by the state he is revived for the sake of "science".

If you know the 2 "bad guys", you'll know the name of the movie & its star.

Edited by: cujas on Oct 14, 2011 6:07 PM

Edited by: cujas on Oct 14, 2011 6:08 PM

Hey 6--you can split it with Miles--6 Miles--sounds like a Sophia Loren movie--

Metz got the 1st actor: Barton MacLane. Cortez wasn't my first choice, but he fits the criteria--After which, Miles was able to wrap it up with the movie title. FYI--all 3 actors were in the Karloff vehicle.. That's what we call teamwork.

Miles is up--

Edited by: cujas on Oct 19, 2011 3:48 PM

Edited by: cujas on Oct 19, 2011 3:52 PM

Thanks. Here's a quick one. What former child actor appeared in a horror movie with Vincent Price that was shown this month on TCM?. I'll give you a hint. He worked with Shirley Temple when they were both children, and again when Shirley was late in her movie career.