Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEMovieman

HORROR MOVIE TRIVIA

This film was one of the first "old dark house" movies.  It came complete with hero, screaming heroine, an inherited house in a swamp, secret passages, and assorted psychos.  Please name the film, three stars, and the director.

Is it The Lost House, with Lillian Gish, Wallace Reid, and Elmer Cliften?

Swithin--No, you've found one older film than I managed.  This was released about a decade after "The Lost House" (1915).  I thought hints 2 & 3 would have given this away.  Film is available to see on YouTube.

Swithin--No, you've found one older film than I managed.  This was released about a decade after "The Lost House" (1915).  I thought hints 2 & 3 would have given this away.

I tried investigating using hint #2, but got nowhere. I hadn't seen #3 yet, so I'm off to do research!

Is it Ben Hur?

Is the movie The Mystic, starring Aileen Pringle, Conway Tearle, and Mitchell Lewis (who was in Ben Hur) and directed by Tod Browning?

I made a wrong statement in Hint #2--I've corrected it--check it again.  Sorry for the mistake.

Hint #4--Film is set in an inherited house that's in a Florida swamp.

I made a wrong statement in Hint #2--I've corrected it--check it again.  Sorry for the mistake.

Hint #4--Film is set in an inherited house that's in a Florida swamp.

That was my problem...I was lookin' at the wrong Bushman!

Midnight Faces (1926), starring Ralph Bushman (aka Francis X. Bushman Jr.), Jack Perrin, and Kathryn McGuire, directed by Bennett Cohen. And it's another movie that I haven't seen!

midnightfaces.jpg

That was my problem...I was lookin' at the wrong Bushman!

Midnight Faces (1926), starring Ralph Bushman (aka Francis X. Bushman Jr.), Jack Perrin, and Kathryn McGuire, directed by Bennett Cohen. And it's another movie that I haven't seen!

midnightfaces.jpg

Me too! I went through every major character/actor in Ben-Hur!

Lawrence, Swithin--I'm sorry about my mistake.

Lawrence--You're correct.

Your thread, Lawrence. :) 

The movie is available on YouTube. 

• Like 1

In this War-time era release, a family is afflicted with a curse that has plagued them since the Crusades!

Name the movie, year, and the stars.

The Undying Monster (1942)

James Ellison, Heather Angel, John Hammond, Bramwell Fletcher, Heather Thatcher, Halliwell Hobbes, Aubrey Mather

(I've always found this to be an odd movie. Not in the sense of content, but in the style/mood. Probably due to the director, Mr. Brahm.)

This sounds like either The Company of Wolves or Curse of the Werewolf, maybe. It's been a while.

This sounds like either The Company of Wolves or Curse of the Werewolf, maybe. It's been a while.

It's the former: 

Granny's advice (Granny is played by Angela Lansbury in the sex-charged version of the "Red Riding Hood" story): "Never stray from the path, never eat a windfall apple, and never trust a man whose eyebrows meet in the middle."

The-Company-of-Wolves-1984-movie-8.jpg

Your thread Lawrence.

• Like 1

Swithin's question inspired this one:

What fright film set in a school features a terrifying eyebrow transformation?

"I Was A TeenAge Werewolf"?

You're really close. This movie was often compared to it, although it does not have "teenage" in the title.

The answer was 1957's Blood of Dracula.

Sandra Harrison as Nancy turns into...

daae785e857828c527ffed77368e3258.jpg

this elaborately eyebrow-ed vampire.

6257e1dbf4b116d252cb56a3943d6576--horror

Open thread.

At the end of this underrated horror gem, a mother tells her son that he has "broken the first rule of science."

Name the movie, the two actors playing the roles mentioned above (the mother is a descendant from a famous English acting lineage, dating back to the 18th century), and the great Hollywood character actress who has a supporting role.