Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HORROR MOVIE TRIVIA

Terror Is a Man (1959) from the Philippines, loosely based on The Island of Dr. Moreau, starring future centenarian Francis Lederer, along with Greta Thyssen and Richard Derr.

This one I've seen, only under the re-issue title of Blood Creature.

Correct Lawrence, your thread. I'll never forget my friend covering his eyes when the bell sounded. (Of course I kept mine wide open!)

terrorman2.jpg

This Italian zombie gorefest has been released under a few titles, a couple of them quite memorable. Like many of these films, it stars an English-speaking actor, this one best known for British films and TV before appearing in a number of memorable Italian horrors. This movie is set on the Molucca islands.

Name the star and at least two of the film's titles.

Clue: This movie is sometimes listed as the third in a series, but it was made independently. In fact, there's also no "real" part one of this series, as the first was an American film retitled for Italian release. There are official parts 2, 4,5, and 6, although part 2 is known by another name in the U.S. Got all that? :lol:

Dr. Butcher MD; Zombie Holocaust

Ian McCulloch

Correct. This was also released as Zombi 3. There was no Zombi part one, as that was the title Romero's Dawn of the Dead was released under in Italy. What they then called Zombi 2 was released in the US as either Zombie or Zombie Flesh Eaters. Later came Zombi 3Zombi 4, and Zombie 5: Killing Birds. While none of the movies are really proper sequels to one another (no characters are carried over, nor even the reasons for the zombie outbreak), that last one was a completely unrelated film that the producers tacked the Zombi name on. I personally recommend ZombieZombie Holocaust, and Zombi 3 for fans of bad movies.

Your thread, Swithin (and I know you were loathe to answer this one!).

poster_drbutcher_240_373_81_s_c1.jpg

• Like 1

This film features a seance/black mass in a warehouse; a circle of seated corpses; and an actor (playing the "monster,") whose roles got much less schlocky as his career advanced. 

Name the film and the actor; as well as the two other cast members who made a few horror films together.

That's it Lawrence, a pretty effective film (lthough not as good as Pieces, which the Georges made the year before).

Your thread.

Quick aside: After hearing you talk about your enjoyment of Pieces over the last few years, I've decided to revisit it. I saw it on VHS back in the early/mid-80's and don't recall much about it other than the ending. So when I found a copy of the DVD recently, I picked it up, and will watch it again in the near future.

Next question: as the new film version of It is about to open in theaters, I wondered something: Have there been any other horror films that were originally made-for-TV but then were later remade for theatrical release? I can think of one. See if you can name it, as well as any others that you may think of.

Quick aside: After hearing you talk about your enjoyment of Pieces over the last few years, I've decided to revisit it. I saw it on VHS back in the early/mid-80's and don't recall much about it other than the ending. So when I found a copy of the DVD recently, I picked it up, and will watch it again in the near future.

Next question: as the new film version of It is about to open in theaters, I wondered something: Have there been any other horror films that were originally made-for-TV but then were later remade for theatrical release? I can think of one. See if you can name it, as well as any others that you may think of.

Seeing Pieces in the movie theater with a full house of shouting horror film fanatics enhanced my viewing pleasure!

Regarding your question, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark comes immediately to mind.

Seeing Pieces in the movie theater with a full house of shouting horror film fanatics enhanced my viewing pleasure!

Regarding your question, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark comes immediately to mind.

That's the one I was thinking of. 

Your thread Swithin!

Dont-Be-Afraid-of-the-Dark.jpg

Don_t_be_afraid_of_the_dark_1.jpg

In this oldie, set in a mysterious castle, the villain is the nicest looking young man. Name the film, the young actor, and the music played over the credits. Also name the actor in the cast who won a Best Actor Oscar for a role he played ten years later.

Hint:  The film was part of the Universal package of 52 horror films shown on Shock Theater in the late 1950s. It was remade twice.

One of the stars was nominated for an Oscar, not too long ago. (Different star to the one I referred to earlier.)

Secret of the Blue Room (1933), featuring Lionel Atwill, Onslow Stevens, Edward Arnold, William Janney, Paul Lukas and Gloria Stuart?

That's it. William Janney was the villain. The music over the credits was the theme from Swan Lake, one of four Universal horrors using that theme. I first saw it courtesy of Zacherle and Shock Theater, when I was in single digits.

The film is on YouTube.

secret-of-the-blue-room-ad-galveston-dai

Your thread, Lawrence.

• Like 1

Carry On Screaming - Carry On series

Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein - Abbott & Costello

Scared Stiff - Martin & Lewis

Spooks Run Wild - East Side Kids

Ghosts On the Loose - East Side Kids

Spook Busters - Bowery Boys

Ghost Chasers - Bowery Boys

The Phantom Thief - Boston Black-ie

That's 8, and I'm sure there are more.

Open thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Robots run wild in this movie, which is sort of part of the sex and teenagers/horror sub genre. The film features cameo appearances by two actors playing the same roles they did in another movie. 

Name the movie; and the actress who plays one of the cameo roles; and name three of her other horror films (her two films prior to the film in question were horror films).

Hint: 1980s film.

The black comedy from which the couple wandered in for their cameo roles includes death by frying pan; and cannibalism.

So -- name the film in question;

Name the actress who appears briefly as the same character she played in another movie (and name the other movie);

Name three of her other horror films.

Chopping Mall (1986) - Paul Bartel and Mary Woronov cameo as Paul and Mary Bland, their characters from Eating Raoul (1982).

Mary Woronov (a personal favorite, by the way), has appeared in many genre films, including Silent Night Bloody Night (1974), Night of the Comet (1984), Nomads (1986), TerrorVision (1986), Warlock (1989), to the more recent The Devil's Rejects (2005) and The House of the Devil (2009).

choppingmall-765548.jpg

Chopping-Mall-Paul-Bartel-Mary-Woronov-4

• Like 1

Chopping Mall (1986) - Paul Bartel and Mary Woronov cameo as Paul and Mary Bland, their characters from Eating Raoul (1982).

Mary Woronov (a personal favorite, by the way), has appeared in many genre films, including Silent Night Bloody Night (1974), Night of the Comet (1984), Nomads (1986), TerrorVision (1986), Warlock (1989), to the more recent The Devil's Rejects (2005) and The House of the Devil (2009).

She's a favorite of mine, too. Your thread, Lawrence.

This horror film of the 1970's is not often discussed, but it has appeared on TCM Underground.

It utilized a visual gimmick under a new name, but it was something used in other movies before, just not for the entire movie, like this one.

The cast includes a former B-action and crime movie star of the 40's and 50's, a TV star that was very popular with teens for a short bit in the late 50's, and a character actor who was twice nominated for the Best Supporting Actor Oscar during the 1950's.

Name the movie, the name they gave the gimmick, and the three stars mentioned above.

This horror film of the 1970's is not often discussed, but it has appeared on TCM Underground.

It utilized a visual gimmick under a new name, but it was something used in other movies before, just not for the entire movie, like this one.

The cast includes a former B-action and crime movie star of the 40's and 50's, a TV star that was very popular with teens for a short bit in the late 50's, and a character actor who was twice nominated for the Best Supporting Actor Oscar during the 1950's.

Name the movie, the name they gave the gimmick, and the three stars mentioned above.

Wicked Wicked Duo Vision Scott Brady Edd Byrnes, Arthur O'Connell