Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HORROR MOVIE TRIVIA

Wicked Wicked Duo Vision Scott Brady Edd Byrnes, Arthur O'Connell

:angry:

That was quick...and here I thought that I'd found a good one, too! I actually don't know that movie, and only came across it looking at a list of films that have been shown on TCM Underground. I hadn't heard of that one, so I looked it up and thought it would make a good question.

Your thread, Swithin!

Wicked-Wicked-1973-movie-Richard-L.-Bare

:angry:

That was quick...and here I thought that I'd found a good one, too! 

Sorry, I know you appreciate a good bit of research. You gave one clue that made it too easy. I never heard of the film. But I know how to look at lists of Supporting Actor Oscar nominees, and see who was nominated twice during a specific decade (there were at least three such gentlemen; I got lucky with the third), then check their movie lists. 

Next: This film is part of the sub genre of mad doctors who behave badly in order to help their ailing wives. One of the characters has a name quite similar to a former name of one of our most venerable posters.

Name the film; the actor who plays the mad doctor; the name referred to above; and the actor playing the role.

For extra credit, name our venerable poster's current name.

I'm only aware of two posters who've had name changes, unless one is escaping me:

Sprockethole = TikiSoo

finance = DownGoesFrazier

There was at least one more, I think when some names were changed during the site revamp. When his name changed, someone wrote that he actually went back to a name he had earlier. 

(This poster posts mostly in one part of the site. Unlike you and I, Lawrence, he's not ubiquitous.)

Just checked -- the poster I'm using as a clue is online now.

He's gone offline.

The poster's name actually seems to derive from another movie -- a comedy. But change the second letter, and you get the name of a character in the movie in question.

Next: This film is part of the sub genre of mad doctors who behave badly in order to help their ailing wives. One of the characters has a name quite similar to a former name of one of our most venerable posters.

Name the film; the actor who plays the mad doctor; the name referred to above; and the actor playing the role.

For extra credit, name our venerable poster's current name.

I'm not sure if this is right, as this is yet another one that I haven't seen, but is it...

The Black Sleep (1956) starring Basil Rathbone, Akim Tamiroff, John Carradine, Bela Lugosi, Tor Johnson, and Lon Chaney Jr. as Mungo, which is close to Mongo, which I think was the former name of bansi4, the birthday poster?

I'm not sure if this is right, as this is yet another one that I haven't seen, but is it...

The Black Sleep (1956) starring Basil Rathbone, Akim Tamiroff, John Carradine, Bela Lugosi, Tor Johnson, and Lon Chaney Jr. as Mungo, which is close to Mongo, which I think was the former name of bansi4, the birthday poster?

You are absolutely right! I'm surprised you haven't seen it, it's an interesting, creepy film.  Below, Lon Chaney, Jr.'s great entrance.

black_sleep_poster_02.jpg

• Like 1

You are absolutely right! I'm surprised you haven't seen it, it's an interesting, creepy film.  Below, Lon Chaney, Jr.'s great entrance.

I have it to watch soon, finally. It has a terrific cast.

Next: This movie is newer than most in this thread, but still nearly 25 years old. It was the first original screenplay from an oft-adapted author.

Name the movie and the author, and at least 2 noteworthy cameos in the film.

"Sleepwalkers" (1992), Stephen King,  Stephen King plays a gravedigger, Tobe Hooper plays a mortuary assistant, and Mark Hamill plays a police lieutenant?

That's the one, film lover! Fellow writer Clive Barker and directors John Landis and Joe Dante also cameo.

You're thread!

movieposter.jpg

Lawrence--Correct!

This movie is on YT, and I think is one of Bava's best.  The list of suspects is long, but dwindles rapidly.  I won't say more in case you haven't seen it.

Your thread, Lawrence. :)

I've seen it. I have it on DVD, as it's on my personal list of the 100 most important horror films of all time. It was one of the format and style-setting movies of the slasher movie subgenre.

It was included in the excellent Mario Bava DVD box sets:

Volume One

bava_collection.jpg

Volume Two

980x.jpg

• Like 1

Next: This horror tale, inspired by a story from a venerated genre author, featured a script from a future Oscar winner. The cast includes two former youth stars, three Oscar nominees, and one Oscar winner. A book familiar to horror fans is discussed.

Name the film.

Name the author whose work was the basis, and name the future Oscar-winner screenwriter.

Name the 5 performers mentioned above.

Name the book mentioned in the film.