Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEMovieman

HORROR MOVIE TRIVIA

Yes, I guess that was pretty easy after the "Do You Know Me" thread about the Hickman brothers. OK, sixes. It's your turn now.

...and I knew from the description that I hadn't seen it, but that tagline worked out for me. *Phantasm* (1979), may it rest in peace. Did they really sing Louie Louie ?

Thanks, Sixes. Recycling here, but this is a good one, and I haven't seen it mentioned for a while.

Some young people who think they're playing perform a rite that is supposed to revive the dead and bring them out of their graves. Annnnd THEN, the spell works!

The action is located on an island in or near a big-city harbor. They came there by boat. There is a creepy old two-story house, and that graveyard is nearby. None of these people are especially likable, and there's little real distress when their numbers start to dwindle.

The control freak / bullying director of the young thesbians uses the corpse, dubbed "Orvile" in a necro-**** wedding rite, and then has the others leave him in an upstairs bedroom with his "bride". Then he gets distracted and comes back out when the other stiffs (from the graveyard) start showing up.

Besieged in the house. Several times, someone tries a run for it. Then, illuminated by flashlights from inside, the old dead are seen feasting on the freshly killed. They look up when the light shines on them, then go back to their eating.

(3,960)

The living are separated and killed one by one, until it's down to the director and one of the women, barricaded in the house. The zombies then break in and a crowd of them have the two remaining people going backwards up the stairway. The director then gives up and throws the woman down to them. Stop action. The woman and all the zombies doubletake and look at him in astonished horror. He then runs up the stairs and escapes into the bedroom.

Right, but it's good garbage, and legitimately scary.

When the director gets into the bedroom, he finds his ****-**** bride "Orvile" now re-animated and waiting for him...Behind the opening credits, it is seen that some of the ghouls know how to handle a small boat, and they are setting out for the mainland.

> {quote:title=lavenderblue19 wrote:}{quote}Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things ?

Bingo, lavender! AKA *Revenge of the Living Dead* , AKA *Things From the Dead* , AKA *Zreaks* . (reissue titles). And a graceful & timely closure to spooky season.

lavender's thread.

Oh, BTW -- 175 Views

Edited by: flashback42 on Nov 1, 2011 10:30 AM

Thanks.

The director of this 50's film used gimmicks to heighten the audience reactions while watching the film. It was b&w, but there was a short sequence filmed in color. Director, Film??

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Nov 1, 2011 3:40 PM

Never saw it, but...*The Tingler* ? (Announcer: "It's gotten loose in the Theater! Everybody scream and we can defeat it!)

???

Castle -- That's the name I couldn't remember. Never saw *Tingler.* But I did see *Macabre*, where an insurance paid off if it scared you to death. And *Homicidal*, where the lady in the wheelchair came down the stairs on the motorized lift, and her head kept going and rolled right off her shoulders when it stopped.

Got nothing at the moment. Open thread.

Mid-1980s. Color. Scene: A man has been threatened and is fearful. Watches what goes on around his house. Outside, past his hedges and on the sidewalk, he sees a jogger using his street. Concludes it is harmless. From an outside shot, the audience sees that the "jogger" is wearing thin black socks and dress shoes meant to be worn with a business suit.

The fearful man gets up at night, goes downstairs to have a cigarette. In a rush of panic, he snuffs out the smoke and gets set to go back upstairs. Putting away an item that was out in the parlor, he pokes it into the coat closet. He hears a muffled "oof" , like someone is in there. That really sends him upstairs in a rush.

The paranoid man's fears are reasonable. He has signed a contract that he will quit smoking, The people enforcing the contract are to be taken seriously.

"♫ Every move you make, every chance you take, I'll be watching you! ♪"

This horror legend played virtually played "himself" in a hit Broadway show. But when the play was made into a movie, he was portrayed by another actor.

Play/movie and 2 actors--

Encore une Fois--

This horror legend virtually played himself in a hit Broadway play. But when the play was made into a movie, he was portrayed by another actor.

Not hard at all--play/movie and the 2 actors.