Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More Silents in December... Yummy!

I just noticed an unusually high population of silent films for the December schedule - and some of them even during prime time (or close to it). Thanks, TCM!

I especially love it when TCM shows silents unavailable on DVD that I can't just get from Netflix.

November - Turner Classic Movies will feature the world television premiere of More Treasures from American Film Archives on Sunday nights in November. More Treasures from American Film Archives, 1894-1931 is the second collection of rare films presented by the National Film Preservation Foundation (www.filmpreservation.org), the nonprofit organization created by Congress to save America?s cinema heritage. The collection, which was released through Image Entertainment in September as a 3-DVD box set with 200-page book, covers the years 1894 - 1931, when movies progressed from a peepshow curio to the nation?s fourth-largest industry. More Treasures showcases features, serials, sound and color experiments, political spots, industrial documentaries, product ads, cartoons, newsreels, and avant-garde works preserved by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, George Eastman House, the Library of Congress, the Museum of Modern Art, and the UCLA Film and Television Archive.