Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Grooving to THE KILLERS tonight in prime time! Wooooh!

markbeckuaf

As I've said on other threads, I've never really enjoyed this film, possibly because it always makes me fall asleep, right around when Ava appears, curled up on a piano or something. Nothing to do with

Ava, I'm sure.

I missed my big chance to see this tonight and revise my opinion of it (I was hoping to have a "Hallelujah- I've seen the light ! " moment). I was out seeing a first-run movie, actually. Oh well, I think I own it. I'll have to schedule some time to really give this celebrated film noir my attention, everyone says it deserves it (celebration and attention.)

For those who may not know, Miklos Rozsa's "Killers" motif was appropriated by Walter Schuman (working at Universal at the same time) and re-fashioned for the "danger" opening of his DRAGNET theme. It took over 30 years, but Rozsa finally got credit for the theme. The march portion of the DRAGNET theme first appeared as a minor key motif in Schuman's score to THE WISTFUL WIDOW OF WAGON GAP.

Miss Wonderly I was not aware you were not sure about this flick, wow! I hope you have a chance to actually stay awake and watch it! It rocks, I think! :) I have to admit I'm a HUGE fan of Edmond O'Brien so anything he's in has me glued hard, and of course Albert Dekker, B guy mostly but I dig him in anything including this. So I guess my point is you don't have to only groove to it for Burt and Ava, though they are gorgeous and Burt always a great job (he's a noir dude with chops IMO).