Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hedda Hopper question

KL70

If you could please put the quote in context, it would help. Where did you hear/read that the quote was attributed to her? I'm not doubting you or trying to put you on the spot, but researching quotes

take time. Frankly, I'd like to know the answer to your question.

I'd be happy to reply...but I don't know the answer. 'Kingpin' could apply to so many leading men in Hollywood. Clark Gable, Gary Cooper, Frank Sinatra...anyone.

I looked up her more famous quotes on her page at the internet movie database. She says a few wicked things about Joan Crawford, something very interesting about Elvis, and has nothing but praise for one of my favorites Claudette Colbert...but there isn't a shred about a kingpin.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0394407/bio

> {quote:title=KL70 wrote:}{quote}

> That's all I know unfortunately. I thought this forum had heaps of classic movie experts,

> so the lack of replies is disappointing.

I don't have an answer, but I have to say your reply is insulting and impatient. You barely posted your question not 24 hours ago, and you expect such an immediate reply? Give people a chance to read your question and give the answer, if they know what it is. There ARE a lot of classic movie buffs here who might know....but have a little patience.

>>Looks like the original poster is anxious to win a contest:

I provided the same link in a thread asking another question from that quiz. I had seen that "corner house" inquiry in numerous forums on the web (as well as several others), usually by someone who just registered that same day and all with the same exact wording.

One person even PMed me to ask for answers to two of the questions - a newbie on the IMDb.

So, I Googled the question and sure enough, everyone is trying to win a prize.

Notice that when I asked her where she saw that the quote was attributed to Ms Hopper, she didn't

say. I wonder: had the poster won the prize, would she have shared her winnings with the one who

provided the correct answer? I seriously doubt it. Some people have no shame.

>>Notice that when I asked her where she saw that the quote was attributed to Ms Hopper, she didn't say.

>>I wonder: had the poster won the prize, would she have shared her winnings with the one who

>>provided the correct answer? I seriously doubt it. Some people have no shame.

Some may have no shame, but a subsequent post shows that this one is quick to blame:

>>That's all I know unfortunately. I thought this forum had heaps of classic movie experts,

>>so the lack of replies is disappointing.

>>You should feel honored. They find out fast who the REAL experts are. Nobody has PMd ME.

While on one hand it's an honor, on the other hand it strikes me as someone who is being exploitative. If a person wanted some assistance on a quiz and admitted it, I would bend over backward to be helpful. We had someone on this board recently who wanted some help on a Museum of Modern Art photo quiz and was completely up front about it.

But the prize was a crock pot, or maybe a year's supply of Rice-A-Roni, and even the inquirer didn't want it. This person just wanted to aid the museum.