Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What does Anne Shirley and L.Q. Jones have in common?

markfp2

Answer: They both took the name of a character they played as their professional "stage" name.

A 16 year-old Dawn Evelyeen Paris starred as Anne Shirley in the 1934 film ANNE OF GREEN GABLES and was known by that name for the rest of her life.

In 1955, a novice actor Justice E. McQueen, Jr. was cast in his first film, "BATTLE CRY", as a marine named L.Q. Jones, a name which has served him well 'til this day.

Can anybody think of any others?

> {quote:title=markfp2 wrote:}{quote}

> Answer: They both took the name of a character they played as their professional "stage" name.

>

> A 16 year-old Dawn Evelyeen Paris starred as Anne Shirley in the 1934 film ANNE OF GREEN GABLES and was known by that name for the rest of her life.

>

I have never seen this suggested anywhere else before, but I think that perhaps one reason Dawn Evelyeen Paris (who was billing herself as Dawn O'Day) decided to change her acting name when she did was because at that time (1934) there was another actress named Dawn O'Day. This other Dawn O'Day was a talented dancer and was appearing in some east-coast-produced Vitaphone shorts with Hal Leroy. I've seen reference books confuse the two ladies even to this day, so I'm sure there must have been some situations where they got mixed up back then.