Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HOME, SWEET HOMICIDE (1946)

ArchieCarstairs

Anyone else remember this one? Three kids (Peggy Ann Garner, Dean Stockwell and Connie Marshall) solve a neighborhood crime. Mom (Lynn Bari) is a successful mystery writer. Randolph Scott plays a detective, and the cast also includes Barbara Whiting as Peggy Ann's best pal. One of my favorite Saturday-afternoon-on-TV movies -- it hasn't shown up in a long time. Any chance of TCM nabbing this one from Fox?

-Arch

oh yeah!! Love this one. I have it from a recording I made when it was shown back in the 1980's on the USA network. Back then, USA and the Lifetime Channels both would show in the mornings, movies of the 1930's and 1940's.

Anyways, what is so great with this recording I have is that HOME SWEET HOMICIDE is remastered, which at that time when it was shown on TV was VERY rare to have been done. Fox Movie Channel has never shown this movie and its never been released on video. I had transferred my VHS recording to DVD-R and it looks super because of the special VCR I have which makes

VHS tapes look as if you are watching live TV,it cleans the picture up and gets rid of any color bleeding and any "video noise".

This movie I always have loved and I even have an original poster of it plus many original 8X10 scene stills. Also, I am a fan of Child star Connie Marshall and have tons of photos of her plus an original autographed portrait.

I gotta say this movie is super and is one that would be a hit if TCM could get hold of it from Fox!!!!!! Many viewers would love it a lot!!!!!!!!

Nice to know there are other fans out there :)

I have an original poster, too, and have read the novel (republished by Rue Morgue Press w/in the past few years and still in print) and really would love a broadcast of a cleaned up print. It may not be the greatest movie ever made, but I have very fond memories of it. And the three kids are terrific in it...I absolutely believe they're siblings. I do hope this is one TCM can licence someday.

-Arch

(Oh...my TCM 'monkiker' is the name of Dean Stockwell's character in the movie!)

This is a favorite of mine as well; I love the kids and Lynn Bari is great, showing her versatility once again. Haven't seen it in years; it would be great if 20th would release in on DVD, or at least have it shown on FMC if not TCM.

Btw, curious to know what make/model DVD recorder you have that transferred your VHS. I have lots of movies that I can do that to, instead of despairing in them being shown on TCM of FMC, or waiting for a manufactured DVD release.