Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Grooving to the Universal Horror Classics!

markbeckuaf

Just recently purchased the Frankenstein and Dracula Universal Horror sets, and wow, I was really grooving to the commentaries on both! I think the commentary on the original 31 FRANKENSTEIN is one of the best ever, as is the commentary on the '31 DRACULA. Anyone else have these? I am wanting to get the Mummy and Wolfman sets as well soon. Hope that TCM is able to get these back on perhaps next year?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to Amazon extension of credit, which I'll be paying off forever, but a happy man until then--I purchased the remaining sets--THE MUMMY, THE INVISIBLE MAN, THE WOLF MAN and THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON. All are GREAT, actually pretty darn good prices for all the films and features you get! Really grooving!

> {quote:title=PrinceSaliano wrote:}{quote}

> Excellent, Mark. I encourage fans to actually purchase their favorites.

Yes, but I would encourage fans to purchase them all, not just their favorites. VHS tapes on EBAY are relatively CHEAP. Also, you can find USED but near mint DVDs, and Laserdiscs (if any of you still have players). But, if any of you are interested in building a complete Universal Horror Library, you will have to visit some of the GREY MARKET sites, like SINISTER CINEMA, CREEPY CLASSICS, or vintagefilmbuff.com to purchase some of the titles not yet officially released on HOME VIDEO by UNIVERSAL.