Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Halloween Horrors!

Guest son, jery

Guest son, jery

One suggestion regarding the chopped up, faded prints of our favorite monsters on AMC. Instead of an insane desire to throw your tap shoes through your TV screen, you might consider investing in the DVD editions of the original "Dracula," "Frankenstein, etc. I've brought all of mine for around $17 to $18.00 and these are loaded with great goodies: original trailers, commentaries, "the making of--". Also, here in NYC, movie tickets are $10 and going up this Christmas. So, instead of wasting $10 on some masterpiece like "Jackass", I save my little pennies for a movie treasure I know I'll watch over and over again.

Guest Lyndsey

I know what you mean, jery son--the DVD editions are fab. I also recently found a bunch of other horror goodies at Borders the other day for around (or less than, at times) that price [i.e.: Bela Lugosi and Vincent Price films]. ...oh, my, $10 for a movie ticket? I think it's about $7.50 or $8 here; (then again I haven't been to see any new movies in oh, three years, so it's perfectly possible that I am frighteningly false!) I mean, I wouldn't mind paying that to see a silent film in an old theatre. Speaking of which, l olmsted: isn't the Fox Theatre downtown opening in late 2003? Hmm, it might be 2004...I think it was on the local news, but I refuse to watch them strictly because of my gag reflex. Who knew that news women with brain damage from using too much hairspray, and men with toupees and ugly patterned ties could induce vomiting?...Sorry, I went a little off subject!

That certainly is good news Coffee Dan. It doesn't matter to me what time of the year it is to watch a Universal horror film especially when it is shown uncut, intact and without commercial interruption. The great news is that TCM finally snagged the rights to show these Universal gems and hopefully includes most of the library.