Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Thanksgiving!

hamradio

In Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving the second Monday in October. So my Thanksgiving is now just a savoury memory - even the soup made from the turkey stock is gone. Still, it's nice to see you folks getting excited about it. I think it's a bigger deal in the States than in Canada. Enjoy that pumpkin pie !

ps- Do you guys get the Friday off, too?

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. This is the one day of the year I don't mind getting the bird. (Young ones will need to have their parents or greandparents explain that one.)

I wish the very best to everyone and may you spend your spend Thanksgiving dinner time with friends and your evening with TCM.

Oh, and a very special Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at TCM!

misswonderly wrote:

<< In Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving the second Monday in October. So my Thanksgiving is now just a savoury memory - even the soup made from the turkey stock is gone. Still, it's nice to see you folks getting excited about it. I think it's a bigger deal in the States than in Canada. Enjoy that pumpkin pie !

ps- Do you guys get the Friday off, too? >>

I got Saturday off instead (I normally work on that day). I was thinking how nice that if some people had relatives on both sides of the border. By Christmas they be saying enough turkey! :)

PS I fixed that photo bug - I wish TCM stop removing that button so fast. Reposting my original Happy Thanksgiving card.

wujln6.jpg

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}

> ps- Do you guys get the Friday off, too?

Well, the library where I work is closed on Friday too, as are lots of businesses. But, for retailers, it's a different story. it is "Black Friday," the biggest shopping day of the year. Some even opened on Thanksgiving Day. Sears did, for the first time in their history.

I normally work nights, Saturday through Tuesday. Since the building closed early on Saturday, I was off an extra day. And, I get paid for the two holidays, Thursday and Friday, even though I don't work them. Nice little holiday bonus.

For T-Day itself, I mesquite smoked a turkey, marinated and basted with a sauce made from honey, lime juice, mescal, ground chilis, and garlic. I took it to a potluck at a friend's house. I couldn't eat again, until the next day!