Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*Reminder: Please post within established genre threads*

filmlover

Hi, everyone,

I thought it might be a good idea to ask again that posts about films be kept within the genre subject threads that were set up when I helped get this Forum created. We are getting so many threads being started for so many things that could all be in one place that it makes it hard to find anything. Individual threads were created at the very beginning of the Forum and still exist here.

There are individual threads for reviewing classic DVDs broken down into genres (Western, War, Horror, etc.) where you can post your reviews.

There is a thread dedicated to Upcoming Releases. Please post your info in there if you have something to share with the rest. A good idea is to check to see if someone already has listed the info before you do.

There is a thread for Special Sales, etc.

This keeps the Classic Film DVD Reviews Forum a much neater place and better organized.. Thanks.

Honestly, no, I don't come anywhere close to thinking of it as "my forum." It is everybody's. I worked with the then web-admin to create a forum because I felt there was a real need for information about DVD (and later Blu-ray) releases of classic films. But recently I just thought that there were so many threads being started with just one-line, "Enjoying this new title I got" and then another similar thread and another thread and another that for every single classic release out there that nothing could be found easily any more. I just thought that it would be a good time if we were able to again post in the threads created for each genre and thus make it much easier for fans to find something. I always had the vision that it would be so much easier for someone who is looking to decide to buy a title if they could see a review that one of us created. And try to make the review detailed enough that it would answer the questions we would have if we ourselves were looking: How good is the DVD/Blu (picture quality/audio), special features, etc?

There isn't any reason that those other one-liner threads couldn't be copied by their owners and pasted into the related fields.