Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a movie similar to The Women 1939...

Kerlyn

I saw a movie on TCM where the storyline was similar to The Women 1939 film. I didn't catch the beginning but from what I saw a lady, who is married and has one daughter, finds out her husband has cheated on her with an actress from a film she produces. I'm not entirely sure what her career was but I believe it was something in movie making. She then leaves her husband, goes to a woman's ranch and decides to divorce her husband. At this ranch she meets with several friends who are also having problems with their significant others. When she returns home and after some time she learns from her daughter that her ex is unhappy with the woman he has cheated on her with and talks about her fondly. She realizes that her ex still loves her and decides to win him back. She goes to a dinner with her friends where her husband and his girlfriend are at. She confronts his girlfriend in the powder room (who is also cheating on him with someone else) and at the end they come together.

I know it sounds confusing but anything would help. At the time I couldn't find any information on the movie so I thought I would come here and see if anyone knew what I was talking about.

*There was a movie like June Alyson playing Norma Shearers role and Joan Collins playing the part of Crystal Allen that Joan Crawford played in the original. Leslie Neilsen played Steven Haynes. The movie was in color. I do not remember the title.*

It's called *The Opposite Sex*

*The Opposite Sex* is not a musical, just because the cowboy sings a couple of songs in a night club, that's just part of the plot. In order for it to be a musical, the stars--Allyson, Blondell, Collins etc. would have to sing and dance too.

> {quote:title=cujas wrote:}{quote}

> *The Opposite Sex* is not a musical, just because the cowboy sings a couple of songs in a night club, that's just part of the plot. In order for it to be a musical, the stars--Allyson, Blondell, Collins etc. would have to sing and dance too.

Well, there are two musical numbers Collins appears in and Allyson has a few songs?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049578/soundtrack