Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Moguls & Movie Stars - In a Word: Disappointing

Throughout this 7 episode production, those involved with choosing the content seemed desperate to create a role for women, minorities, etc., that didn't happen in reality. It's revisioinist history. Each episode, especially the last, seemed to be created by a group of hopeless ultra-liberals who had been given free reign to spew their long-supressed frustrations.

I had hoped for far more from this series, which had the potential to be something great. Sadly, it was not.

I don't consider myself a liberal or a conservative. My opinions vary from issue to issue. Moguls and Movie Stars was an excellent documentary series that I enjoyed very much. Perhaps you were annoyed by it giving too much credit to its Jewish founders. Credit deserves to be given where credit is due.

>.those involved with choosing the content seemed desperate to create a role for women, minorities, etc., that didn't happen in reality. It's revisioinist history.

I think revisionist history is what you've been reading, chum.

If M&MS revises any Hollywood history, it's more in the nature of acknowledging what's been obscured over the years, such as the important role women had in the early days of film-making... until it was found out how immensely profitable the movie biz could be & the women were pushed out. If anything the first episode (where this was covered) undertold just how involved in writing, directing & producing women were in the early days of Hollywood.

So far the series has entirely ignored the contributions of gay men & lesbians & was (in my estimation) soft on just how devastating the HUAC period was. If there really is a liberal agenda behind this show, they're doing a ****-poor job of promoting it.