• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dream Casts

MyFavoriteFilms

I think these are some of the best-cast films from the classic era:

Touchofevil.jpg

*TOUCH OF EVIL*

Orson Welles, Joseph Cotten (cameo), Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh, Marlene Dietrich, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Dennis Weaver, Mercedes McCambridge, Akim Tamiroff, Keenan Wynn (cameo), Ray Collins, Joseph Calleia, etc. Every role is so well defined and every actor plays it to the hilt.

*ALL ABOUT EVE*

Bette, George, Anne, Celeste, Gary, Thelma, Hugh, Marilyn...who needs last names when you have a cast as good as this!

*MOURNING BECOMES ELECTRA*

Roz Russell, Katina Paxinou, Raymond Massey, Kirk Douglas, Michael Redgrave, Leo Genn, Nancy Coleman, Sara Allgood, Erskine Sanford...need I continue?

*JUDGMENT AT NUREMBERG*

Stanley Kramer assembled a dynamic group of talent for this project: Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift, Spencer Tracy, Judy Garland, Marlene Dietrich, Richard Widmark and Maximilian Schell.

*SEPARATE TABLES*

Includes Rita Hayworth, Wendy Hiller (Oscar), Burt Lancaster, David Niven (Oscar), Rod Taylor, Deborah Kerr, Gladys Cooper and Cathleen Nesbitt.

*GONE WITH THE WIND*

I think most everyone knows who starred in this picture. Selznick's painstaking casting pays off.

*THE TOWERING INFERNO*

This is, in my opinion, one of the dreamiest: Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, Fred Astaire, Jennifer Jones, Faye Dunaway, William Holden, Richard Chamberlain, Robert Vaughn and Robert Wagner (among others).

*NOT AS A STRANGER*

Considered by critics as the worst movie with the best cast (though I would not necessarily say that it's a bad film): Olivia de Havilland, Frank Sinatra, Robert Mitchum, Broderick Crawford, Lon Chaney Jr., Gloria Grahame and Charles Bickford.

*CLEOPATRA (1963)*

Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton head an all-star cast that includes Rex Harrison, Hume Cronyn, Roddy McDowall, Martin Landau, Carroll O'Connor and Cesare Danova.

*THE HUCKSTERS*

Clark Gable, Deborah Kerr, Ava Gardner, Edward Arnold, Keenan Wynn, Adolphe Menjou, Sydney Greenstreet and Connie Gilchrist...it's a powerhouse roster of talent!

*THE RAZOR'S EDGE (1946)*

Fox's cream-of-the-crop: Tyrone Power, Anne Baxter (Oscar), Gene Tierney, Clifton Webb, Herbert Marshall and John Payne.

Razors_edge.jpg