Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Disappointing December

Ageless63

It seems that the past few years all thats on regular TV for Christmas movies, are new ones, depressing-lost-love movies, and generally poor quality holiday movies. I look to TCM to bring me the oldies.. the goodies!

Where is The Bells of St. Mary's... Going My Way... Holiday Inn... White Christmas...??? I'll even include the amazing "A Christmas Story". Where are all the good Holiday movies ?

All the classics that this generation is missing out on are not to be found, even on TCM.

I was anxious to view the schedule for the month of December and I'm thoroughly disappointed with what I see. Most nights prime time movies aren't even Holiday themed.

Disappointed Fan

Why is that we always get a rash of first time posters whose first post is always a complaint (and creating a thread right out of the blue, without even stop by the many threads to say "Hi" first to introduce themselved) right around when school is let out?

p.s. -- this thread is in the wrong area. This forum is about the TCM Film Festival.

p.p.s. -- You must have missed A Christmas Carol, Scrooge, etc. etc., already aired this month.

*"I was anxious to view the schedule for the month of December and I'm thoroughly disappointed with what I see. Most nights prime time movies aren't even Holiday themed."* - Ageless63

See this thread in the General Discussion forum for a run-down of Holiday Films being shown throughout the month of December on various cable networks.

"Christmas Movie Schedules"

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=156846&tstart=0

And know that every Friday night in December, TCM has programmed "holiday" films - including all day Christmas Eve through 5pm Christmas Day. Plus there are other showings of holiday films at various times throughout the month.

Kyle In Hollywood

*White Christmas...??*

AMC has the broadcast rights to *White Christmas* this year. It is probably one of, if not the, most popular holiday movies and bidding for the film is always fierce. TCM was able to get the broadcast rights a few years ago but it was only a short-term contract. Paramount knows how popular it is and generally does not do long-term, multi-year contracts for it.

> {quote:title=FloydDBarber wrote:}{quote}

> Filmlover, after your post I doubt if they will ever return.

> If I received this sort of welcome I would never come back either.

When you get exposed to these kind of threads after awhile, you get to know who is real and who is just another troll looking to stir the pot. And I have very little patience with trolls.

Frankly, I'm more irked by the guys that post crap about classics like *Twilight* etc. As a fan of soccer, I am always amazed that some guy will take the time to post comments about how soccer sucks on a board where soccer fans are discussing the sport. What these guys don't get is that they're just demonstrating their own lack of anything resembling a life.

David in Seattle