Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where's Ed Limato when TCM Remembers???

FrankieCee

Not for anything, but I think it quite inappropriate that in TCM's 2010 remembrance of those Hollywood 'greats' who have departed our company this past year, Hollywood 'super' talent agent Ed Limato was not included in the tribute. After all, not only was he of the stuff which Hollywood legends are made, but he was key to launching and maintaining some VERY prestigious Hollywood careers including, Mel Gibson, Richard Gere, Steve Martin, Denzel Washington, Liam Neeson, Michelle Pfeiffer, Nicholas Cage, Robert Downey, Jr., Billy Crystal, Claire Danes, Diana Ross, Jennifer Lopez, Sharon Stone, Goldie Hawn, Wynona Ryder, Sir Anthony Hopkins and numerous others. He truly cared about his clients, embracing them more as family than as mere business clients. He truly believed that talent was something to be served, putting his own personal aspirations behind him to help guide the careers of many of the "Who's Who" in Hollywood today. Truly a life and career well-served, judging by the results.

Sorry that TCM neglected to include his passing in their tribute to Hollywood's fallen stars of 2010, but I'm sure Ed's 'star' will continue to shine so long as there reigns supreme, the legacy of 'his own' legendary movie stars gracing the silver screen.

Edited by: FrankieCee on Dec 16, 2010 8:59 PM

Thank you for the input...perhaps TCM should make an exception in this case, or in cases like such Hollywood greats as Lew Wasserman, Stan Kamen and Irving "Swifty" Lazar...but those were then, this is now....Ed was of that 'old school' mold, an Iconoclast throwback from the "Golden Age" of Hollywood, only a more modern version....if you Google his name, you'd get as many results as the most popular of "A" list actors...MANY of whom he 'made'....many in the industry say "Hollywood will never see the likes of him again"...he was truly a cut above the rest and deserving of a tribute...

Granted, but those were the days when Hollywood was still being formed, unlike today when the rules and regulations are in place and much more stringent than they were in the formative years...in fact I read somewhere (previously) that an agent's power today is so heavily curtailed, they couldn't even help to produce a movie let alone be in charge of a studio...but truthfully, I believe that folks like those are of the same ilk and virtually cut from the same mold, IMHO...