Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHY NO "MIRACLE ON 34th STREET?"

spencerl964

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> They do it only occasionally. But they have a commercial break about every 5 minutes, and they are long, a viewer is likely to forget what movie he is watching.

LOL thanks for the laugh Fred. I think that perfectly describes said channel.

Sounds like AMC alright. First they ran a colorized print than a black & white print. The sound for the black & white print was noticably at a lower level.

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> They do it only occasionally. But they have a commercial break about every 5 minutes, and they are long, a viewer is likely to forget what movie he is watching.

Actually, Fred, there is another channel that runs movies complete, and Miracle probably will be there. Hint: the film was produced by 20th Century-Fox.

If the film was available to TCM this past year, I am sure TCM would have gotten a hold of it - if only to have shown it during Natalie Wood's "SOTM" stint.

Yes, AMC is showing the film this December. But, if one is interested in seeing the film after December, it will be part of TCM's "31 Days of Oscar" in February.

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Dec 20, 2010 6:12 PM

AMC really got a gift from Santa this year. They have Holiday Inn,

White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, and Christmas in Connecticut

in their sack....I don't mind some commercials if it's the only way to see the movie

this year. Gives you time to get some more eggnog from the fridge.

> {quote:title=C.Bogle wrote:}{quote}

>AMC ....I don't mind some commercials if it's the only way to see the movie

>this year. Gives you time to get some more eggnog from the fridge.

>

Yes, but the frequency and length of their commercial breaks gives you enough time to clean out your entire fridge and everything else in the kitchen!

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote} Actually, Fred, there is another channel that runs movies complete, and Miracle probably will be there. Hint: the film was produced by 20th Century-Fox.

I just looked at FMC's schedule through Christmas and they're not running it. Most likely AMC payed Fox a very hefty premium to get exclusive cable rights this year. I think they did the same with Paramount and WHITE CHRISTMAS.

After the first few cups, you really don't notice the interruptions all that much.

Just sticking with what's on TV, there's not much of a choice if you want to see

any of these movies, and they are running them into the ground, but if they paid

for them, they might as well get their money's worth. I think they're having a

Scrooged marathon on Christmas day, so count me out.

It's a perennial watch for me and I can even tolerate the ads, but AMC is horrid. Thank goodness, they weren't the only station that had rights to it, WGN has them too! I watched it last Saturday night and grooved, even with the ads. They had a nice retro interstitial before and after the ad break too, which I dug.

Cool that TCM will be able to air early next year. Maybe that will lead to being able to show it for the holiday season next year. Fox has been pretty amenable to TCM of late, so we'll see!

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> AMC is a great film channel for those who happen to have a very weak bladder.

That's for sure. AMC, the go to place for the bladder-challenged movie fan. Never

miss a moment of the picture. Two back to back treats on tonight, Road House

and Tremors. Nothing like giant worms to put you in the Christmas spirit.

*That's for sure. AMC, the go to place for the bladder-challenged movie fan. Never*

*miss a moment of the picture. Two back to back treats on tonight, Road House*

*and Tremors.*

Guess I missed it, but hopefully the ROAD HOUSE shown was the Ida Lupino-Cornel Wilde-Celeste Holm-Richard Widmark starrer and not the Patrick Swayze crap.

> {quote:title=Arturo wrote:}{quote}

> *That's for sure. AMC, the go to place for the bladder-challenged movie fan. Never*

> *miss a moment of the picture. Two back to back treats on tonight, Road House*

> *and Tremors.*

>

> Guess I missed it, but hopefully the ROAD HOUSE shown was the Ida Lupino-Cornel Wilde-Celeste Holm-Richard Widmark starrer and not the Patrick Swayze crap.

>

I was checking out the brief clips they were showing of MIRACLE ON 34th STREET between commercials the other night and caught a promo for ROAD HOUSE and it indeed was not the 1948 version. Besides we know they wouldn't run the old black & white version in prime time.

I was very fortunate to see MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET (1947) on the big screen last night at one of our local theaters. It was quite a fun time, the crowd (yes, there were lots of people there to see it), was very appreciative. I had never seen this film on the big screen, so it was quite a treat!

Maybe next year they'll run HOLIDAY INN.