Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Schedule on T.C.M.

jpwrs

T.C.M. has Silent Sundays, and I love that. This idea I'm sure has already been thought of by someone else, but I would love for T.C.M. to have a Thirties Thursdays trial schedule, at least for a month. I guess you can tell what my favorite period of movie making is. What do you think about this idea?

I am sorry to rain on your suggestion. I would prefer TCM Programmer to keep their current programming strategy of scheduling. Everyone anticipates what is going to be on the program schedule ninety-days hence. If TCM scheduled movies such as was suggested in this thread I guarentee you a thread would be up before June 2010 stating the lack of variety in film scheduling on TCM.

TCM Programming already has a fun, witty, unique way of scheduling films. For example there will be a day of films from a certain year, a day of films with the same word in it, a day of films from television series, a day of films from an actor/actress because it is her birthday. This is great programming scheduling.

Also if TCM were to adopt this programming suggestion then new classics such as "The Crucible," "Gladiator" with Russell Crowe, "Sense and Sensibility", "Tombstone", "Tootsie" , "All The President's Men", "The Sting" and other great films would never be scheduled or become part of the TCM Film library. I love films from the decades mention as well but I do not want to see films from one decade on a constant basis. I so love it when I am watching TCM and a film such as "Jewel Robbery" or "Merrily We Live" has ended. Then this film is followed by "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying" or "Coma". Variety is the spice of life. Let's leave the film scheduling as is. In my eyes it is a good mix.

*"...I would love for T.C.M. to have a Thirties Thursdays trial schedule, at least for a month."* - jpwrs

This March will be very much to your liking. Jean Harlow is "Star Of The Month" and the rest of the schedule for the month is full of 1930s films. And that includes the evening hours.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/month/?cid=N&timezone=PST&oid=3/1/2011

Kyle In Hollywood

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> I?d go for Thirties Thursdays, Forties Fridays, Fifties Saturdays, Thirties Sundays, Forties Mondays, Fifties Tuesdays, Twenties, Thirties, Forties, and Fifties Wednesdays.

>

But that would mean nothing newer than 1959...and you know what - that would be PERFECT!!!

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> *"...I would love for T.C.M. to have a Thirties Thursdays trial schedule, at least for a month."* - jpwrs

>

> This March will be very much to your liking. Jean Harlow is "Star Of The Month" and the rest of the schedule for the month is full of 1930s films. And that includes the evening hours.

>

> http://www.tcm.com/schedule/month/?cid=N&timezone=PST&oid=3/1/2011

>

> Kyle In Hollywood

March is completely, utterly, absolutely out of control!!!

If you dig early 30's films, March on TCM is for you!!! I'm there!