Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Laone08

Shameful...Arlene Dahl on Marilyn Monroe "Word of Mouth" Segment

So whats the big deal? Dahl is relating a story 50+ years old. Maybe MM was putting them on or maybe not. It's a funny story,Walt Whitman, Whitman candies........MM liked playing the dumb blonde at times, but she was smart, so let Arlene tell her story, I think MM would have a laugh at it also.....

I saw the segment last night. Hard to really make out WHAT happened. Was Marilyn putting them on? Making a joke? Or possibly just heard the name Whitman and jumped to the wrong conclusion? Then again, it's hard to believe they were discussing Walt Whitman at a Hollywood party (LOL!) I know MM KNEW who Whitman was as she did visit him and it was much publicized (later in her life)with pictures......It's possible it never really happened so who knows? I didnt find the segment offensive.

I think you're maybe thinking of Carl Sandburg, whom she knew and apparently had a mutual admiration society with., though the photos do show them both well in their cups. But that shows the plane on which she was able to move, one on which fools are not suffered gladly. Throughout her personal and professional life, she gravitated to intelligent, creative people and they gravitated to her. Arlene apparently has realized the mileage you can get out of just mentioning Marilyn's name.

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}

> I saw the segment last night. Hard to really make out WHAT happened. Was Marilyn putting them on? Making a joke? Or possibly just heard the name Whitman and jumped to the wrong conclusion? Then again, it's hard to believe they were discussing Walt Whitman at a Hollywood party (LOL!) I know MM KNEW who Whitman was as she did visit him and it was much publicized (later in her life)with pictures.

Glad you admitted your brain cells weren't on and that you meant Carl Sandburg (who Monroe did know, and admire). If Marilyn "did visit" Whitman, I'd love to discover the time machine she invented. And we thought Hedy Lamarr was brilliant!

LOL. Walt would've had to be pretty long in the tooth by MM's heyday.

>>Maybe MM visited Stuart Whitman.

It might have been Whitman Mayo.

17537_1296423341254_1550467856_30771433_

Whitman's chocolate and mayonnaise - sounds like Homer Simpson's favorite dessert.

It's not a big deal, just another bit of Hollywood fluff. Who has it right is just about

anyone's guess.

Jayne's 160 IQ probably was just a another piece of flack, the old they're bombshells,

but guess what, they're really super smart too, trick. Yep, Mamie Van Doren is sexy,

but did you know she was a degree in nuclear physics? Really.

If Marilyn was diggin' Whitman, it was in a very literal way.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> I'm glad you didn't mention University Of Texas mass murderer CHARLES Whitman. (What is it about the name Charles?)

What is it about the name Whitman?

MegWhitman_2_hi.jpg

No disrespect to Brian May, but he's not much of a bombshell. or whatever the

music biz equivalent is, so it's not too surprising he has a doctorate. Now if it

had been Freddie Mercury, that might be a little more unexpected.

Let me tell you Johnny, things are tough for little Mamie. I don't get no respect,

no respect at all. Oh it's tough out there, why just last week...

Hedy was a brunette, and that made all the difference.

Mick Jagger studied at the London School of Economics, although I don't think he graduated.