Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dredagain

MORE LOUSY RECEPTION AND RUINED TAPINGS

It's been doing it for days again, the TCM picture breaking up into little squares, stopping, skipping.... Funny how no other station on Comcast does this......

regular TCM via Comcast....

Comcast won't admit anything... all they ever want to do is send a technician out ... at a cost to me...

It never does it on other channels, only TCM

Comcast is probably starving TCM for bitrate and transferring higher bitrate to sports networks that pay them the "big bucks." TCM is 28 cents per household per month while some sports networks are more than $4.00 per household per month, not including advertising revenue.

I have Comcast and I haven't noticed anything like this when I am watching. Admittedly I don't have the channel on 24/7 so I could miss something.

I thought i was the only one experiencing this issue. Last time I called and complained about a pixelated picture, the tech came out (no charge) I got a credit on my bill. Still, it's a pain in the butt.

*The Kings Steps Out* doesn't play for more than a minute without the picture stopping and/or breaking up....

I've got Comcast and recorded The King Steps Out and it looks fine, so it has to be on your end. If not your particular connection, then maybe their service in your area.

> {quote:title=Kinokima wrote:}{quote}

> I have Comcast and I haven't noticed anything like this when I am watching. Admittedly I don't have the channel on 24/7 so I could miss something.

Same here, but I'm constantly recording and transferring to DVD's.

I don't watch much TV but I've never seen the picture break up and stop the way it does on TCM. It's actually doing again this morning....

>>It's been doing it for days again, the TCM picture breaking up into little squares, stopping, skipping.... Funny how no other station on Comcast does this......

Squirrels have been at the wires.

I have two hook-ups in my house (one was put in upstairs for my mother when she was precluded from doing stairs except when necessary). On the downstairs hook-up AMC looks just as you describe. On the upstairs hook-up, it's fine.

I had the same problem with Comcast. Always wanting to send out a tech or me driving to their 'center' to transfer my equipment. I switched quite some time ago to Direct TV and it's been pretty much flawless. So much so that I've recorded movies that I already had again just because they look so much better.

Living in Baltimore what you describe is pretty much common. Comcast is a huge company but I know in this area they are losing a bunch of customers. I'll never go back that's for sure.