Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

trying to find the name of a movie

gigi72072

To anyone that can help,

I am trying to find the name of a movie that I have seen on TCM twice. It is about a woman who finds a baby on her doorstep and everyone she meets thinks it is hers. She works ina department store and through some funny misunderstandings she believes the baby belongs to the ladys man son of the owner of the department store. It is in black and white so it is probably from the 1950's or so. The girl in the movie is blonde and the guy main character has dark hair and has a scene where he sings a song. I thought maybe Bobby darin but I may be wrong. Anyway I really like this movie and the two times I caught most of it was around the holidays. Anyone have any idea of the name of this movie? Thanks for your help!

This is confusing because there are two versions of that movie story. One is in black & white and does not have a song in it, and the other is in color and does have a song. But you say the one you saw was in black & white and had a song.

Anyway, here are the details:

The first version is BACHELOR MOTHER (1939) starring Ginger Rogers and David Niven.

The color version with the song is BUNDLE OF JOY (1956) starring Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher.

So I youtubed Bundle of joy because it sounded familiar and that was the movie I was looking for! I love that movie and I think debbie and eddie had great chemistry. My Mom says they were married for awhile and he left her for Elizabeth Taylor. Oh what tangled webs we weave! Thanks so much it was driving me crazy! :)

Archived