Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
annelovestcm

question to americans from a canuck

*Hey, what happened to those posts about The 49th Parallel ? They are mysteriously gone -it's like a creepy Twilight Zone episode. There was nothing in the messages to offend anyone, not even Laurence Olivier ( or his estate). Did someone complain to the " mods" to remove them? Tell me it was not a Canadian who did so !*

MsW,

The board must be playing tricks on you. I just scrolled down and the *49th Parallel* posts between Fedya and you are still there.

lynn, I swear they were gone when I checked earlier today. I think it was a mistake, and they put them back when I noticed it. Either that, or there was something extra in my morning coffee that I didn't notice (too busy watching Betsy Drake and Dennis Morgan.)

MsW,

The board was really wonky last night and earlier this morning. I don't think the mods were even here or aware of the problem. FredC started a thread about the bizarre board behavior earlier this morning as well.

I would chalk it up to board wonkiness and not moderator intervention.

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}

> Canadians have a love/hate relationship with Americans. Only problem is, it's only the Canadians who are aware of this. We're like one of those little secretaries in an early 50s comedy, we know we're wonderful, now if only we could get the attention of that guy who wields all the power. He likes us well enough when he thinks about us, which is practically never.

>

> Hey, what happened to those posts about *The 49th Parallel* ? They are mysteriously gone -it's like a creepy Twilight Zone episode. There was nothing in the messages to offend anyone, not even Laurence Olivier ( or his estate). Did someone complain to the " mods" to remove them? Tell me it was not a Canadian who did so !

Oh, if you ever get a chance, visit the southern part of Louisiana that has a unique culture called Cajuns. They are a warm and friendly people who love food and revelry. Lafayette is a great little town right in the heart of southern Louisiana.

The Cajuns came from Canada or Acadia.

A great people...

> {quote:title=JakeHolman wrote:}{quote}

>

> Oh, if you ever get a chance, visit the southern part of Louisiana that has a unique culture called Cajuns. They are a warm and friendly people who love food and revelry. Lafayette is a great little town right in the heart of southern Louisiana.

>

> The Cajuns came from Canada or Acadia.

>

> A great people...

I'll second that. I lived in Morgan City. My dad and my Cajun stepmom lived in Lafayette, and New Iberia. My step sister lives in those parts now. Cajun food is the best!

> Canadians have a love/hate relationship with Americans. Only problem is, it's only the Canadians who are aware of this.

Canada's #1 national sport is hockey.

Canada's #2 national sport is America-bashing. ;-)

I love our Candian friends. Imagine how fortunate we are to have an entire border with Canada...When you think how other countries don't get along and the fate of geography sometimes creates un-natural enemies. Sad that people in those countries don't know each day how the other will react.

Vive le Canada!

> {quote:title=ValentineXavier wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=JakeHolman wrote:}{quote}

> >

> > Oh, if you ever get a chance, visit the southern part of Louisiana that has a unique culture called Cajuns. They are a warm and friendly people who love food and revelry. Lafayette is a great little town right in the heart of southern Louisiana.

> >

> > The Cajuns came from Canada or Acadia.

> >

> > A great people...

>

> I'll second that. I lived in Morgan City. My dad and my Cajun stepmom lived in Lafayette, and New Iberia. My step sister lives in those parts now. Cajun food is the best!

The Largemouth Bass fishing is terrific in certain areas close to Morgan City if the water is not too salty.

Red fish fishing is very good most of the time, too.

Some of the best people I've had the pleasure to meet are Cajuns. I lived and went to school in New Orleans, La. I know a little bit about the area...

A cold beer and this is OK with me...

http://www.cajuncrawfishpie.com/gumbo.jpg

We should just get it over with.

Invasion of Canada should only take a couple of days. They don't have much of an army, air force or navy. Just think of all of the oil we could have, not to mention all of the great hockey players, moose, caribou and those lovely French maidens from Quebec.

> {quote:title=JakeHolman wrote:}{quote}

>

> Red fish fishing is very good most of the time, too.

>

I'd rather do my red fish fishing at K-Paul's Kitchen... ;)

Growing up in Montreal, we always wore our shoes in the house, just wiped them well at the door. But when I moved to Toronto, discovered that nobody keeps their shoes on in the house - and you get an evil look if you do.

I hate to sound unpatriotic, but "O, Canada" is a much better song than "The Star Spangled Banner",

Can't we swap national anthems?

With respect to the suggestion that the United States simply take over Canada -yes, you could probably do that easily. Canada, despite the line in our national anthem "O, Canada, we stand on guard for thee", is a comparatively non-military nation. I expect Luxembourg could take us over, should they take a notion to do so.

Perhaps we could distract the invading army from the south with citizens clad thusly:

CANADAFLAGPRINT.jpg

Edited by: misswonderly on Jan 10, 2011 3:35 PM

That's one huge pic -sorry, didn't know it was going to take up so much space.

finance, you'll notice an arrow at the bottom of the pic; put your mouse on it and you can move the photo of the young Canadian flag clad lady back and forth until it's centred or at whatever angle one prefers.

Edited by: misswonderly on Jan 10, 2011 3:49 PM

(On a serious note,when speaking of our military, I meant no disrespect to Canadian soldiers who are currently on duty in Afghanistan. On the other hand, I do not want to get political in any way, which is why I didn't mention it before.)

> . I expect Luxembourg could take us over, should they take a notion to do so.

Anything's possible. The Duchy of Grand Fenwick took over the US.

If I were her, I'd reply to the Customs that she would not contest the seizure, but would not agree to the destruction of the egg, because it is food, and people are starving around the world. So, she should demand that they send it to a country with starving people, that allows the eggs. Or, tell them that they could eat it themselves... assuming that they are adults, which is a fact not in evidence. ;)

> {quote:title=ValentineXavier wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=JakeHolman wrote:}{quote}

> >

> > Red fish fishing is very good most of the time, too.

> >

>

> I'd rather do my red fish fishing at K-Paul's Kitchen... ;)

That'll work...if you ever go east to Biloxi, Ms...most of the time this establishment is excellent...

http://www.marymahoneys.com/home.html

misswonderly wrote:

<< With respect to the suggestion that the United States simply take over Canada -yes, you could probably do that easily. >>

As long as Canada don't bomb the Baldwins, there is nothing to worry about. :)

> Sometimes you Americans can be a little weird, especially at the Canada/US border crossings. Read this link:

>

> http://ca.news.yahoo.com/womans-candy-egg-seized-border-20110110-145449-459.html

>

> And Whitman's chocolates aint got nothin on Kinder Surprise....

>

> Edited by: misswonderly on Jan 11, 2011 5:16 PM

"The U.S. takes catching illegal Kinder candy seriously, judging by the number of them they've confiscated in the last year. Officials said they've seized more than 25,000 of the treats in 2,000 separate seizures"

Wow. If only were so good at catching drug smugglers...Do you suppose there is a "Kinder Egg Czar" in charge of this effort?