8. Marlowe (John Wayne) and Hannah (Constance Towers) in The Horse Soldiers

7. Matt (John Wayne) and Sammy (Betty Field) in The Shepherd of the Hills

6. Ringo Kid (John Wayne) and Dallas (Claire Trevor) in Stagecoach

5. John T. (John Wayne) and Feathers (Angie Dickinson) in Rio Bravo

4. Will (Gary Cooper) and Amy (Grace Kelly) in High Noon

3. Quirt (John Wayne) and Penny (Gail Russell) in Angel and the Badman

2. Kirby (John Wayne) and Kathleen (Maureen O'Hara) in Rio Grande

1. Marty (Jeffrey Hunter) and Laurie (Vera Miles) in The Searchers

7 out of 10 are DUKE characters???? And 8 out of 10 are Duke MOVIES?????????????????????????????????????? What IS the world coming to, anyway!! :P

That wasn't my list!

WAIT a minute.. I just went back a few more posts.. FOR shame, trying to pull a fast one on me. Liar, liar pants on fire.. (and if they aren't.. I DO have access to some matches and I think I MIGHT even find a blow torch out in the QT's shed out back so I COULD arrange it.) :P:P:P

So what gives with all the LOVE for the Duke??? Are you having a mental breakdown or something??????????? :D And what.. (Jackie.. this one is for you) No Ben and Denver??? :P

If I'm there, you know for sure you're trapped in a whacked out freaky alternate universe.

WAIT a minute.. I just went back a few more posts.. FOR shame, trying to pull a fast one on me.

I wasn't lying! I copied Movieman's homework!

Liar, liar pants on fire.. (and if they aren't.. I DO have access to some matches and I think I MIGHT even find a blow torch out in the QT's shed out back so I COULD arrange it.) :P :P:P

As cold as it is here in the Northeast, I'll take the burning britches!

So what gives with all the LOVE for the Duke??? Are you having a mental breakdown or something??????????? :D

He's the only one who has love stories in westerns! What a wuss! :P

And what.. (Jackie.. this one is for you) No Ben and Denver???

Denver Pyle? Uncle Jesse?

You're trying to get me hanged by everyone around here!

You're trying to get me hanged by everyone around here!

You are doing a MIGHTY fine job of that all on your own!! :D

EXHIBIT A:

He's the only one who has love stories in westerns! What a wuss!

Denver Pyle? Uncle Jessie?

It's been a LONG time since we had us a necktie party around here.. hey.. now THERE's a list for ya.. Favorite Westerns w/a Necktie party in them. :P

hangemhigh.png

(not my FAVE necktie movie.. but the only one I had a quick and ready picture from.. ha)

You are doing a MIGHTY fine job of that all on your own!! :D

EXHIBIT A:

He's the only one who has love stories in westerns! What a wuss!

Denver Pyle? Uncle Jessie?

I'm being railroaded! Everyone knows I'm the sweet and innocent one!

It's been a LONG time since we had us a necktie party around here.. hey.. now THERE's a list for ya.. Favorite Westerns w/a Necktie party in them. :P

Such harshness! And I'm nothing but kind and loving! My favorite western has a necktie party. It's my favorite one, too.

I'm being railroaded! Everyone knows I'm the sweet and innocent one!

Everyone? Well that explains it.. ha.. because I am NOBODY. ha. No wonder I didn't get the memo.

Such harshness! And I'm nothing but kind and loving

blah blah blah. :D

My favorite western has a necktie party. It's my favorite one, too

And I guess it would also be your favorite movie w/ harmonica music in it too..........

Edited by: rohanaka on Jan 30, 2011 1:45 AM

Everyone? Well that explains it.. ha.. because I am NOBODY. ha. No wonder I didn't get the memo.

Oh, no! You're the judge and jury!

Such harshness! And I'm nothing but kind and loving

blah blah blah. :D

I can't believe kindness and love are being discarded so easily! :P

And I guess it would also be your favorite movie w/ harmonica music in it too..........

I guess that makes it my favorite musical, too! :D

I guess that makes it my favorite musical, too

Well.. this IS the "favorite list" thread. ha. Oh brother.. I would LOVE to see your favorite musical list if THAT would be your #1.. ha. (Because calling that movie a musical is like calling chocolate pudding a dairy product. ha. Hey.. it has milk IN it.. it must be dairy) :P

I deserve some credit! I have watched my first two musicals and I have liked both of them. One of them was recommended by Spunky (Love Me Tonight) and the other by Snippy (The Smiling Lieutenant). I've been doing good with my movie watching! I'm showing some diversification!

Fair enough. I have been SO far behind in my own movie watching lately I cannot point fingers at ANYONE, ha

And I am proud of you for expanding your horizons so well. I like musicals well enough but I can't say they would be in my MOST favorite genres. I will have to check into the two you mentioned.. as I have not seen them. (but at the rate I am going it will likely be this time NEXT year.. ha. OH me.. pretty soon you will have to start calling ME Shiftles.. perish the thought)

That doesn't make you shiftless

Maybe not.. (and may I just say "whew", by the way.. because golly.. if folks started saying I was acting like YOU.. ha.. that would be the end of the WORLD for me, HA) :P

But gee.. missing out on all the chats DOES keep me from blabbing the way I like to... And OH woe is me. I have been too busy lately. I miss hanging you around here.. I mean hanging out around here. HA! :D

But hey.. at least you all are getting some peace and quiet finally for a change and you can even get a word in edgewise.. because you know me. ha. When I am on here too much, Blabbage is my middle name. ha.. ok. I am making that part up.. but it SHOULD be my middle name, for somewhat obvious reasons, alas. Ha. :-)

If musicals were like the two I watched, I'd like them. But I know better

Well now I HAVE to see them for sure... if only to get a better picture of the Frank Grimes mindset, ha. (the man.. the myth, the mystery.. ha)

Well.. I am off to hit the hay..

PS: REY... thanks for letting me hang out a moment or two in your thread... It was good to get a chance to gab a bit.. if only to get a few good "slaps" in on Mr. Grey. (I would not want to get out of practice, don't ya know) :P

I have seen G Men, Public Enemy, Captains of the Clouds and Mr. Roberts from your list. I have also seen him in the following films as well:

The Fighting 69th, Man of a Thousand faces, The Gallant Hours, One, Two, Three, and Ragtime.

I wish I had more of his films on DVD, but at this time I don't.

As far as the Marx Brothers are concerned, I love Duck Soup and A Day at the Races and A Night at the Opera. Again, unfortunately I do not have any Marx Brothers on either DVD or VHS.

Ten films with hanging scenes.............

The Ox-Bow Incident

The Hanging Tree

Ride Lonesome

Billy Budd

The Dirty Dozen

In Cold Blood

Hang 'em High

Schindler's List

The Shawshank Redemption

True Grit

Nice list there Miss G.............

Okay, I will list my favorite ten Cary Grant films:

Non-Comedies:

1. Destination Tokyo

2. Notorious

3. North By Northwest

4. Only Angels Have Wings

5. To Catch a Thief

Comedies:

1. The Talk of the Town

2. The Awful Truth

3. My Favorite Wife

4. Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House

5. His Girl Friday

Oh, and congrats on 24000 posts. Now that is a list we should all celebrate!!!

Edited by: fxreyman on Jan 30, 2011 2:53 PM

hi Rey!

I like your lists, too... a nice mix of early and later (1950s) Grant performances. I think now I should have included *People Will Talk* in my non-comedy list. It's playing right now on The Fox Movie Channel. I've always loved the message of that film.

Thank you for the congrats. :)

Ten films with hanging scenes

2 off the top of my head...

An Officer and a Gentleman...you dumb Oakie...

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...Hey, Blondie! You know what you are? Just a dirty son-of-a-b-!

Ten films with hanging scenes :-)

I have seen all of the ones on your list except 2 (I have not seen Billy Budd nor The Dirty Dozen)

I am a lousy list maker but if I WERE to make a list, I'd have to have the OxBow Incident at # 1 just because aside from being an EXCELLENT film, that is where I got my now "infamous" (ha) trademark "Frozen Rope" bit. :D

I also like the big "hanging" scene that I posted the cap for from Hang Em High not because I am that big a fan of the film, but because I love the one man who gives the great "mini-sermon" just before his sentence gets carried out. That is a great scene.

So let's see.. along w/ the ones on your list (that I have already seen)... hmmm.. I would also add a few more..

*The Furies* (pobrecito Gilberto!)

*Mississippi Burning* (because the QT and I love the part near the end where they find the one city official guy swinging in the basement and Willem Dafoe says something like "his name wasn't even on the list" and Gene Hackman tells him it was because (if I recall) a guilty conscience (it has been a LONGGGGGGGGGG time since I saw that movie)

Oh.. a recent addition would HAVE to be: *The Prisoner of Shark Island* (OH my golly when they are walking all the condemned prisoners out and Mrs. Mudd is waiting to see if her husband is among them.. YIKES!!

And an honorable mention goes to *House By the River* though not REALLY a "necktie party" in the TRUE sense of the word (since the curtain rod breaks, if I recall) ha.

And one more that I remember from a film literature class I took in college... this is not really a "feature film" but I saw this WAY back in the dinosaur days (before we all even THOUGHT about having VCR's in our houses let alone all the OTHER technology.. and it is quite a moving (and VERY thought provoking short film. I found it by googling (because I could NOT remember the title) and I was surprised to find it was ALSO shown as an episode of The Twilight Zone (and I can see why) Yo.. Grey Dude.. this one is right up your alley. (only about 25 minutes long, so not too long to watch)

*An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge*

http://www.viddler.com/explore/nzgmediefag/videos/12/

I am sure if I sat here a bit longer I could come up w/ more.. but will stop for now. It is getting late and I have a couple of chores I need to get to.. we are getting ready for a MAJOR winter storm to hit the next few days and I gotta go lay a few ropes out to be sure they get good and FROZEN, :D HA! You know, my arsenal has been dwindling a bit since I have been so busy and have not been able to keep up w/ things lately. I am restocking now because you just never KNOW when I may need to make a "persuasive argument" with somebody (not mentioning any names of course) over something GREY :P

Favorite TV Shows:

1. Dick Van Dyke Show

2. Alfred Hitchcock Presents

3. The High Chaparral

4. Have Gun, Will Travel

5. The Rifleman

6. Gunsmoke

7. The Twilight Zone

8. The Andy Griffith Show

9. I love Lucy

10. Inspector Morse

11. Wagon Train

12. That Girl

13. Bewitched

14. The Mary Tyler Moore Show

15. I Dream of Jeannie

16. The Bob Newhart Show

17. The Nanny

18. Bonanza

19. Family Affair

20. Magnum P.I.

21. Leave it to Beaver

22. Daktari

23. Hawaii Five-O

24. Burke's Law

25. Hart to Hart

Wow! Look at Have Gun, Will Travel ranking so very high! Ahead of Rawhide! I'm stunned!

I could actually watch most of those shows. The worst are The Nanny and Family Affair. :P

1. The Simpsons

2. Three's Company

3. Batman

4. The Dukes of Hazzard

5. Bosom Buddies

6. The X Files

7. Alfred Hitchcock Presents

8. Mystery Science Theater 3000

9. Police Squad!

10. The Phil Silvers Show

11. The Dick Van Dyke Show

12. Gunsmoke