Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MyFavoriteFilms

Sal Mineo 1.10

I really like his as a actor I believe he had really showed that he can do alot of different characters, loved him in Exodus. Its to bad we lost him so young, well Sal you will not be forgotton now that we have cable tv.

cat

Sal was terrific in EXODUS he truly showed us all his acting chops the rage while in the camps on Cyprus, the defiance when picked up British intelligence, the fear and self loathing when being interviewed by the Irgun and the return of the anguish and rage after Karen was killed. Sal was given a pivotal role in Exodus and he made the most of it. I like EXODUS for the most part expect for the prison escape what was Preminger thinking with the overly simplistic escape plan. Hang a bomb on a prison door and nobody was going to come along and see it? Smuggle in explosives and detonators in loafs of bread that the guards slice, but don't discover? Exodus is

a marvellous movie with a great cast, but Otto really dropped the ball in part of it.

Edited by: stjohnrv on Jan 10, 2011 6:19 PM

> I watched a little of THE YOUNG DON'T CRY and enjoyed what I saw. Hope to catch the whole thing someday.

Great film. FMC plays A PRIVATE'S AFFAIR every now and then. He has such a unique charisma.

He won the Golden Globe for EXODUS. And he attained lasting cult status in WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR.

teddy.jpg

*Who Killed Teddy Bear* is one of the greats. Saw it at the Film Forum in NYC a few years ago. It has some of the best b&w pre-sanitized scenes of Times Square. Best line, spoken by Elaine Stritch: "I dig...fur."

I think TCM has shown it if I'm not mistaken. I didnt watch it though........