Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
blondie_bush

when is a classic no longer a classic?

since tcm hacks all movies now, should tcm call its movies classics? they have zoomed in on the actors nowadays, u dont see the beatiful background and camera shots anymore, just zoomed in on characters. what a shame how tcm has little kids editing these classics into garbage.

blondie bush wrote:

<< what a shame how tcm has little kids editing these classics into garbage. >>

I didn't know TCM outsource film editing to China. Must be a slowdown in Nike production.

*Editing sucks!*

sweatshop.jpg

> {quote:title=RayFaiola wrote:}{quote}

> Hey, I grew up on butchered movies!!

>

> mantis.jpg

I have a few of those as well. Do you have any that came with records? That was a real trip, trying to keep the film and record in sync.

> {quote:title=blondie_bush wrote:}{quote}

> since tcm hacks all movies now, should tcm call its movies classics? they have zoomed in on the actors nowadays, u dont see the beatiful background and camera shots anymore, just zoomed in on characters. what a shame how tcm has little kids editing these classics into garbage.

We're still waiting to hear about your drunk uncle.

*what a shame how tcm has little kids editing these classics into garbage.*

Pardon my crudity but just what the hell are you talking about?

*Pardon my crudity but just what the hell are you talking about?*

It has something to do with a drunk uncle. That's all we know for sure.

It might still be a classic, but it is a flawed classic. I hated it when they started to colorize black and white movies. Filming in black and white was an art form of lighting and shadows. It's like putting lipstick and false eyelashes on the Mona Lisa. Now, changing the original camara shot is adding insult to injury.

*Now, changing the original camara shot is adding insult to injury.*

No one is changing the original camera shots. It has been explained to her at least a dozen times by numerous posters that bb has the settings on her television set up wrong.

But, she would rather start thread after thread about "hacking films" instead of changing her settings.

This thread is nonsense and obviously started by a troll....who has posted nonsense like this before....but instead of doing something to get rid of the trolling, the admins here keep deleting MY comments about this ridiculous person and allows others to post comments about it. The most I can do is to click "Ignore Member"....like I had to do with another troll here. The admins simply don't care about this crud.

This thread is a load of you-know-what and should be deleted (NOT locked like another troll thread I commented on), and the poster who started it either moderated or banned. Period.

This is a waste of everyone else's time. This is what this person has posted recently....and always the same baloney:

Recent Messages: Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums

when is a classic no longer a classic?

General Discussions, Jan 12, 2011

since tcm hacks all movies now, should tcm call its movies classics? they have zoomed in on the act...

scrooge, a classic hacked by tcm

General Discussions, Dec 21, 2010

after 2 minutes of watching scrooge i noticed tcm hacking again, why does tcm zoom on people, we don...

Re: tcm hacked movies

General Discussions, Dec 17, 2010

interesting how u must attack instead of defending tcm's hacked movies. why dont u just tell me why...

tcm hacked movies

General Discussions, Dec 17, 2010

do you all like the way tcm hacks all their classic movies. it looks like my drunk uncle was filmin...

Ham, that's exactly the sort of thing I posted in another thread...and MY reply got deleted and then the thread was locked.

Point made...