Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a new idea for a make-over reality show

annelovestcm

*Hum, I always thought Donna Douglas could have benefited greatly from Queer Eye for the Straight (Gal in this case) It's like she found her look and stuck with it, for 60 years*

Maybe she thought she was following in the footsteps of Ann Miller and Ginger Rogers. Before Douglas, both adopted a look and stayed with it far longer than they should have.

Funny you should bring this up...

*What Not To Wear,* a clothing make over show just recently snagged Mindy Cohn, former child actress who is best known playing Natalie on *Facts of Life* TV show. Last year they found the gal who played *Blossom.*

These episodes are excellent reminders that stars (even former child stars) are not that different than the gp. And celebrity is their JOB.

Mindy isn't the most glamorous girl on the block, but her oversize mu-muus made her look like a walking tent disaster. The style experts showed her how to choose vibrant clothes that fit and look professional, paying close attention to her celebrity status and possible red carpet outfits. Her hair & make up were only tweaked to update and really, she looked like a million bucks when they were done!

Seriously, she looks better now in her 40's than when she was a teen.

I wonder who got Hepburn to stop skinning her hair into such a tight knot back in the 50's. In practically every film she made and every "candid" photo I've seen she has her hair pulled up in a skimpy little knot that makes her look even more gaunt and skeletal than she was during those years. By the 60's, however, she'd relaxed a little and while she still had her hair up in a bun, it was much looser and more feminine-looking.