Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Patricia Neal 1.20

MyFavoriteFilms

I know I created a thread last September when TCM did a memorial tribute for her. But several of these films scheduled for Pat Neal's birthday tomorrow are different than what we have seen before.

I am particularly eager to see THE NIGHT DIGGER (retitled as THE ROAD BUILDER).

Others in the lineup include:

*JOHN LOVES MARY*...Pat's first film at Warners

*THE WASHINGTON STORY*...on loan-out to MGM, costarring Van Johnson

*IT'S A GREAT FEELING*...she has a cameo and arguably this film should be used for a Doris Day birthday, not Pat Neal.

*THE FOUNTAINHEAD*...probably her most famous film role, with Gary Cooper

*THE SUBJECT WAS ROSES*...this one screened in September

*PSYCHE 59*...a delicious treat that hasn't aired since Pat's SUTS in 2009

*THE NIGHT DIGGER aka THE ROAD BUILDER*...which I've already mentioned

*PRIVATE SCREENINGS*...an interview from 2004

Patricia_Neal.jpg

I re-watched PSYCHE 59. Here's a _spoiler_ on the ending:

She gets her sight back but doesn't tell anyone right away. Her sister decides to marry the young male friend. There is an announcement about the upcoming marriage and Pat Neal's husband (Curt Jergens) basically flips out, because he doesn't want to lose his mistress. Pat's character, Alice, stands up and looks them both in the eyes and they know she is no longer blind. Then, Pat takes a walk outside with her head held high. That's the end. LOL

I have been wondering about this for a long time but I am only posting this now. Robert Osborne's interview with Patricia Neal was unusually short compared to his other interviews. Was anything cut by TCM ? I am especially curious about her return to moviemaking not for Breakfast at Tiffany's in 1961,but for A Face in the Crowd in 1956 . Did you notice that nothing was mentioned of this movie during the interview we saw? Hmmm !