Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please ID this movie!!

magatron

For years I have been struggling to find this movie, which was shown on television when I was a kid. I think the movie was made in the late thirties or the forties, it's bl/white, and I only have one scene in my memory: it is of a man standing outside a fence, looking in on some children playing in a yard. The man seems sad or forlorn and he recites a rhyme to himself which includes the (4?) children's names. I believe one of the children is named "Paul". I seem to remember that he was somehow separated from them and they are his own kids. This has been driving me NUTS!!! HELP!!!!

Thank you for naming a movie! It gives me a new one to check. Unfortunately, I can find no film by that name either at this website, Blockbuster website, Amazon, OR even in Video Hound. What else can you tell me about "The Way of All Flesh" ? Who was in it, for instance? Anything else? I, unfortunately, do not remember any more details about my mystery movie.

Marysara, I was wrong again. The name had no "In" at the beginning. Anyhow, thanks for sending the link. I read the synopsis of this film, and I think it may be the one I've been searching for! I may have misremembered that scene; maybe it was Christmas and grown-up kids. The names of the 4 children listed in the cast match my memory, which included, I thought, Victor and Paul. It's funny, but the Video Hound I own does not mention this film, nor does it list the film under the credits of Akim Tamiroff or Louis King (Director). I am curious as to why that is. Anyway, thank you!

Did The Way of All Flesh ever appear on AMC back in the day? If not, there's no telling when it was last broadcast. This is yet another of those Universal-owned Paramount titles that has fallen off the map, with no home-video releases and likely no TV broadcasts in decades. Some posters on IMDb recall seeing the film as long ago as the 1960s on local TV or even the 1940s during its original release.

I wouldn't know if it was on AMC, but definitely used to be broadcast on TV in the sixties, when I first saw it. Now that I know the name of this film (after YEARS of search!) I wonder how to see it... Not available on Amazon, nor at my local libraries. Any ideas anyone?

> {quote:title=danthemoviefan wrote:}{quote}

> Did The Way of All Flesh ever appear on AMC back in the day?

IMDB says the film is "lost":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0019553/

"Emil Jannings is the only Oscar winner whose performance is "LOST." Jannings won on the basis of two performances this first year of the Academy and we are fortunate to still have the other, THE LAST COMMAND. He is magnificent in that. This original THE WAY OF ALL FLESH is among the "LOST" films. Also nominated for Best Picture - no positive or negative materials are known to exist."

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=danthemoviefan wrote:}{quote}

> > Did The Way of All Flesh ever appear on AMC back in the day?

>

> IMDB says the film is "lost":

>

>

> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0019553/

>

> "Emil Jannings is the only Oscar winner whose performance is "LOST." Jannings won on the basis of two performances this first year of the Academy and we are fortunate to still have the other, THE LAST COMMAND. He is magnificent in that. This original THE WAY OF ALL FLESH is among the "LOST" films. Also nominated for Best Picture - no positive or negative materials are known to exist."

>

It is the 1940 version (not lost) not the 1927 version (lost) that is being mentioned as having been shown on AMC.