Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
acto

Shorts on the schedule

I've noticed over the last week or so that the shorts shown between films are no longer being listed on the schedule. Is that going to be a regular thing? I love those shorts, and want to know what's on and when. They're one of the main attractions of TCM. Anyone agree?

My Comcast cable guide still lists the shorts. But, I agree, I wish TCM would list them on their schedules, in part so I know when I need to extend the recording time of features, to get the whole thing.

I second the motion, I've been looking for the shorts on the schedule for the last few days. I love knowing what they'll be in advance and being able to set my DVR to run long for shorts I'd enjoy seeing. I hope they'll return to the schedule in the near future, it's been a wonderful service.

I'll chime in too. I really miss seeing the shorts on the daily schedule!

Edited by: NewYorkGuy on Jan 26, 2011 12:37 PM

Edited by: NewYorkGuy on Jan 26, 2011 12:37 PM

I too am VERY DISAPPOINTED that I have no idea when the shorts are playing as they have been removed form the TCM listings. . . .

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE

BRING THEM BACK ! ! ! ! ! ! !

There was a comment here a few years ago from someone at TCM who commented that they were unable to list shorts on the schedule because" they are often scheduled at the last minute". Now for the past couple of years (or whatever), they HAVE been listing shorts on the schedule....so that's hardly an excuse to use about "scheduled at the last minute". Now they're NOT listed on the schedule.

TCM Programmers simply need to get their act together and be more planned and organized, and then they CAN list shorts on the schedule. It's not that difficult to figure out....certain types of movies get scheduled in advance, so schedule the appropriate types of shorts to go with them and then those shorts CAN be listed.

Doh!

*TCM Programmers simply need to get their act together and be more planned and organized, and then they CAN list shorts on the schedule. It's not that difficult to figure out....certain types of movies get scheduled in advance, so schedule the appropriate types of shorts to go with them and then those shorts CAN be listed.*

Actually, it may have been a glitch on the daily schedule. Over the last couple of months, there have been various web-related glitches to the daily schedule and they all seem to get worked out. Unfortunately, it often takes longer than many here think it should, but it eventually things get worked out.

Yes, thanks for bringing them back, or fixing the glitch, or whatever it was! :)