Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CLASSIC CARTOONS OF 50S AND 60S

billrich

I'D LOVE TO SEE "DEPUTY DAWG", "SNUFFY SMITH", "KRAZY KAT" and the "FARMER GREY AND THE MILLION MICE(SILENT ONLY WITH MUSIC BACKGROUND) CARTOONS. TCM HAS TO REALIZE THEY HAVE MILLIONS OF "BOOMER" FANS THAT GREW UP ON THESE CARTOONS AND WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM AGAIN. THEY CAN ALSO THROW IN A FEW "GUMBY AND POKEY" CARTOONS FOR GOOD MEASURE. I ALSO HAVE'NT SEEN "BUGS AND PORKY AND DAFFY" LATELY ON TV AT ALL ON ANY STATION. WHAT GIVES?

• 2 months later...

Why aren't more classic cartoons shown on TV? Well, maybe it's because for just a few dollars you can practically own every old cartoon on those huge DVD boxed collections so popular today. Or if not that, most can be viewed for free on Youtube! And yes, Gumby films are still relevant now. What about the Felix the Cat toons from the 50's?

• 2 months later...

It's true that you can find them, but most people won't

I really miss the days od syndication when you could find some amazing shows on TV. I didn't even know a lot of the cartoonswere old unless someone told me. Things like that, Peter Pan starring Mary Martin, and other classics that will likely be lost on future generations as they simply won't have the chance to see them.

It's odd that I act that an old curmugeon, wishing for a bygone age, since I'm only 28, but so much about the way we take in media has changed just in my life that it really makes me miss these things.

I'm still surprised no one shows Rocky and Bullwinkle these days. Kids would still love them, I'm sure.

• 4 weeks later...

@ calciferboheme:

You're not alone. I totally understand what you mean by feeling like an "old curmugeon" at a young age. The world has gotten so crazy and I wish that we could go back to simpler, happier times. I also miss the days when there were old cartoons on TV all the time. They don't really show them very much anymore and kids are growing up without them. Today, most kids only know about Spongebob Squarepants and Dora the Explorer and don't seem to have an appreciation for the "old stuff". It's really sad.

Rocky and Bullwinkle.....gosh I miss that show!! That used to be one of my favorites when I was a kid. They briefly brought it back a few years ago but I haven't seen it since. I loved "Fractured Fairytales"! They need to bring this show back.