Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

She was probably one of the best and most popular method actresses of her generation. Dennis is said to have influenced actresses to adapt the rather moody, erratic style of performing that at times made Dennis appear so naturally flamboyant. Talk has it that she was never so comfortable with becoming a movie star. In a technical sense, she couldn?t break away from the projected quirkiness of what she created for herself. Some critics believe this hindered her dramatic abilities or any long term chances, when the promise of her talents didn?t materialize into any long term acceptance as a successful, major performer. There was brilliance to her acting that gave off with a noticeable impact, especially when Dennis performed on the live stage. Some fans believe that she could have been designated the successor to the great Judy Holiday. There was a sort of connection between the two actresses in terms of their imagery.

I've seen very little of Ms. Dennis, but what I have seen is superb. She's the best performer in "Virginia Wolf." She's outstanding in UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE. Your summation of her talents and quirks is so accurate there's nothing I can add.