Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SATURDAY MORNINGS

attilaxxx

I loved putting on TMC on Saturday mornings,and watching the Bowery Boys,and now there gone,

also you got rid of Cartoon Ally,also a favorite,couldn't you have a regular schedule for sat. mornings?

It made me feel like a kid again, maybe you could put on shorts,or some old comedies that are seldom seen anymore. I know one thing ,Ill miss the Bowery boys,and so will my kids as it took them awhile to get into them. How about the old cartoons that were actually funny?

I'm a Fleischer fan too. I wouldn't begrudge others seeing them, but I have managed to collect almost all of them. What I would like to see is some of the old B&W Warner Bros. toons, especially the B&W Porkys.

I'd like serials too, and Commando Cody would be fine. I believe we have some Buck Rogers coming up. That's good, but I already have it on DVD.

I don't know any Bowery Boys movies that were ever nominated for an Oscar, that's why they're not on in February.

But yeah, I agree 100% with the OP that Saturday and even Sunday mornings would RULE if they offered lighthearted kid oriented films & cartoons. TikiKid loves them, especially the 90- minute format most of them have. She really liked recently broadcast MAYOR OF HELL with Jimmy Cagney & LITTLE MISS MARKER with Shirley Temple.

Showing this type of movie is a great introduction to the world of classic film and really should replace wrong time/wrong format "Essentials Jr" in TCMs lineup.

Who didn't grow into a serious cinefile from seeing Abbott & Costello, Bowery Boys, Andy Hardy and the "Road" pictures as kids?