Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help! Can't get Photobucket to Work! Account in Jeopardy!

gagman66

Please note, since Photo-bucket changed their system, I have not been able to post anything from that site anymore. Nothing that I used to do works now. So how does it work? I'm desperate, because if I don't post something very soon, my site will be deemed inactive and all my current links will be broken! Hundreds of them! Please help me out here! I have been posting from GAOH mostly, with some photos from TCM CFU. I haven't used Photo-bucket at all for posting since at least November and probably longer.

In December or so they introduced a new system and I have had no luck ever since. But other people are still posting obviously , so it can't be that tough to figure out. If I post the old direct link here with the two exclamation points on either side you can't see anything. The graphic just does not show up.

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> Won't just uploading an image or two to your account keep it active - even if you don't post it to an outside website? Why would the act of linking to a photo be necessary to keep it active?

>

> Kyle In Hollywood

I don't know the answer to that question. I think you need to keep posting in order for your account to stay active. Not sure. I managed to post a photo on another site last night,. Not here so far. But I will try the same method and see what happens. Glad to know that other people besides me were not sure what was going on with the changes in their system anymore.

Well if you mean you chose a different photo...otherwise everything you did was correct. :)

I think it should work with any photo. Try it with something that didn't work before. If you scroll over a photo on Photobucket you will see "Email & IM, Direct Link, HTML Code, & IMG Code.

On this site you always want to use just the Direct Link with the exclamation points you don't need any of the extra coding (it is different on other sites. On most blogs you need the HTML Code and on other message boards you usually need the IMG Code)

> {quote:title=gagman66 wrote:}{quote}

> Lo! I'm more confused than ever. But at least it is now working! Thanks guys!

>

>

All this modern electronic stuff is becoming more complicated all the time. I?m 68 years old, and it?s driving me nuts.

I worked for 3 hours last night trying to figure out how to record an HD digital antenna channel signal onto my new VHS recorder. I kept getting a message on my TV screen that said ?Digital channels can not be recorded onto VHS tape.?

Well, I finally figured out a way around it, and I managed to convert my digital antenna signal back down to analogue, and my recorder will record it now. :)

With respect, Why would you want to use VHS? I never even used VHS much. For years I used Super VHS, before DVD recording came along. On the flip-side, I still don't have a Blu-ray player, nor showed much interest in one. And now Blu-ray recording has just recently been introduced.

MarionasFeley-LIghtsOfOldBroadwaycopy.jp

*Marion Davies-Lights Of Old Broadway (1925)*

> {quote:title=gagman66 wrote:}{quote}

> With respect, Why would you want to use VHS?

This Panasonic makes dubs from VHS to DVD that are very high quality. I use VHS when I need to start recording early and keep recording after the movie is scheduled to be over. That way I can make a clean dub to DVD of just the film and I can cut out the extra stuff at the beginning and ending of the film.

If I record every film directly to DVD, then I wind up with a lot of stuff in-between the films that I don?t want or need, and I can?t erase it from my DVD.

Some films I record direct to DVD. With the long Our Gang series, I recorded a DVD for 6 hours, then a two minute pause, then 6 hours of VHS tape. That gave me 12 hours straight over night, and there was almost no advertising junk in-between the shorts. The next day I changed disks and tapes and continued the recording.

If I had a DVR, I?d record on it then dub to DVD.