Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
allaboutlana

TVMovie/Miniseries Trivia

This actress won an Emmy and a Golden Globe for her portrayal of a housewife who when attacked shows her inner rage, in this tv movie, based on true events. Name the actress and tv movie.

Good guess, but no.

She killed another housewife, in this 1990 tv movie.

(This actress has won the Best Actress award two years in a row at the Cannes Film Festival in the 1980s.)

Edited by: allaboutlana on Feb 5, 2011 6:19 PM

Yes. I saw that recently, so that was on my mind. Her performance is simply the whole show. Then I thought of starting this thread. This is like the tv show thread, but instead we are finding movie stars in tv movies and miniseries. Your turn.

Thanks, good idea.

This mini-series was based on a best selling novel. The story spanned over 25 years and was about the turbulent struggles of a family. The enormous success of this production made stars out of some unknowns. But a few very well known and loved movie stars also appeared in the series. Name the mini-series, at least one of the very well known stars and maybe an unknown that became famous after appearing in this show.

Sorry. Peyton Place was a TV series. Not a mini series, but you are right about unknowns becoming known and established stars that were in Peyton Place.

This mini series won 4 golden globes and emmy awards.

And Dorothy McGuire and Ray Milland and Van Johnson.*Rich Man Poor Man* was the first novel for television that was adapted into a mini-series .I loved that mini-series, wish a station would re-run it. Excellent Lana. Your thread

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Feb 6, 2011 7:22 PM

Thanks.

From 1972 to 1995, this actress starred in 20 tv movies and a miniseries, trying to break from a sitcom typecast. Name the actress and at least three of her most notable tv-movie appearances .

Patty Duke,aka "The Queen of the TV Movie-Miniseries

Some memorable TV Movies with top stars were:

"My Sweet Charlie"--Al Freeman, Jr.

"A Matter of Justice"--Martin Sheen

"The Miracle Worker"--Melissa Gilbert

"A Family Upside Down"--Helen Hayes & Fred Astaire

The person I was thinking of was Elizabeth Montgomery, star of The Awakening Land and 20 tv movies. But Patty Duke was also an alumni of a tv sitcom. But, I don?t think she played the tough characters Ms. Montgomery did, as in Lizzie Borden and Black Widow Murders, in trying to break her Bewitched image. I appreciate you playing, though. So, it?s your turn.

From the Queen of the made-for -TV movie to the King--(This actor holds the laurels, he did the greatest TV miniseries of all time and was a famous TV actor)

I loved this portrayal--because it was so cold--

In this TV movie, the "King" plays a butler who seemed to be determined to murder his elderly, rich employer for her money. Based on a true story and co-starred a real life classic movie star.

Thanks, cujas. Next up:

1970s. Sourced from UK television. Played on Public TV in the US. Cold War Classic.

Thanks.

After serving in the British Royal Air Force, this author wrote stories of the RAF pilots. He would write over 50 books in his career, earning praise from critics as a sensitive writer. One of his books was made into a British production which aired on Masterpiece Theatre in 1977, about a young lady of whom several men fell in love with, and which also starred a stage actress from a very prominent acting family (as another character) and a future Best Actor Oscar winner. Name the miniseries/ book, the author, the stage actress, and the future Best Actor.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Feb 12, 2011 3:17 AM

Love for Lydia is correct. It also starred Rachel Kempson, who was Lady Redgrave, as she was married to Michael Redgrave and mother to Vanessa and Lynn Redgrave. Your turn.