Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TVMovie/Miniseries Trivia

Absolutely Miles. Deadly Relations . 2 of the daughters wrote the book that the movie is based on. Robert Urich, Shelley Fabares and Gwyneth Paltrow and yes Mathhew Perry. They were all excellent in this tv movie A very chilling account of the lengths that Urich's character goes to for money, control of his family and his flaunting of his teenaged mistress. Good work, I guess you saw this one also. Your thread, Miles.

Yes, I did see it. It was hard to take Robert Urich in that role. It's hard to remember now, but didn't the father shoot his own hand off just to collect the insurance money? It's hard to believe it was a true story. Now, recently "Diabolique" was shown on TCM. There was a made for TV version that starred an actor and actress in the role of the married couple, who would later become a real life married couple. They both recently had birthdays. Can you name the movie and the actor and actress? The setting was changed from a school to a private sanitorium, and the husband's mistress was changed from a teacher to a nurse, but the story was the same.

Just to answer the question, yes he shoots his own hand off for the insurance money. According to the book he also purposely lost an eye for an insurance pay off. The insurance company only paid 1/4 of the amount. I thought Robert Urich was convincing in the role. Sorry to interrupt, black to Flash's answer to your clues.

If Edward G. Robinson worked for the insurance company, he probably wouldn't have gotten anything. Oh, and by the way, Flash is correct about "House Of Secrets". We must all have watched the same TV movies back then. Your turn, Flash.

Thanks. Actually my favorite take on that story is the 1996 American version entitled simply *Diabolique*. Sharon Stone has her points, and Isabelle Adjani is stunning. Next up:

(10,199)

Late 1980s fact-based story addressing an emotional-reaction problem: Child abduction. A seven-year-old lad is kidnapped. He is away from his family for years, enduring repeated sexual abuse.

Competent casting, but no A-list names. The story carries it.

???

Could it be "I Know My First Name Is Steven"? I remember when it was shown, the local TV station did a spot where they encouraged parents to make sure that their young children knew their addresses and how to use a telephone.

Up and down in 10 Views, Miles. Upon the lad's return to his family it became a national headline case. Stockholm Syndrome: The boy and his captor had eventually formed a family type unit. He could be sent off to school, with no fear that he would try to escape. Things changed when he grew old enough to be beyond the preference of the abductor's fetish. He was asked to bring home younger friends for the man's benefit. Eventually, he walked into a police station and made the statement that serves as the movie's title. I thought that someone may remember the similar story with the title *The Face on the Milk Carton*.

Miles' thread

Thanks. Tragically, Steven Stayner was klled in a motorcylce crash in 1989. And if that wasn't enough for the family to go through, his older brother, Cary, became a mass murderer. Cary was working as a handy man at a motel in norther California, when he murdered a woman, her teenage daughter,and the daughter's friend. After he was arrested, he admitted to murdering and be-heading a woman in Yosemite National Park.

Now, Amelia Earhart has been the subject of both theatrical and made for TV movies. She, however, was not the only female pilot setting flying records and barnstorming around the country. There was another woman who did similar things during the same era. She was even a movie stunt pilot for a while, appearing in Howard Hughes early epic, "Hells Angels". She was the subject of a made for TV movie in the eighties that starred an actress who had once been a regular on a sitcom. Who was the actress and who was the flyer that she portrayed?

A favorite of many was this miniseries from the '80's. Script was originally written for a movie with certain actors to play the leads. None of the actors got on board. It sat for 10 years... was rewritten as a book from which the series is based.