Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
allaboutlana

TVMovie/Miniseries Trivia

I'll wrap this one up soon. The star of this one won an Emmy award for her role in a 70's series. Her character in this mini series marries a billionaire, the actor who played him was a film actor but achieved more fame on tv. He was part of an emsemble cast in a late 50's early 60's detective show that was a huge hit with a catchy theme song you all know. This was the first novel this block buster author wrote, and this mini series is in production now to be reissued as a made for tv movie.

Not seen this either, but from your clues I think it's Lindsay Wagner, who was in my first guess of To Be the Best, with Efrem Z. and Gene Tierney in Scruples.??

Finally, the right mini series. Yes Lindsey Wagner, Ephrem Zimbalist Jr and the last film appearance of Gene Tierney. Not sure how old you are Lana, but Judith Krantz's best selling novel Scruples was a very big deal and a very popular mini series at the time. It's being redone and will be on TV again, but the original 3 part mini series was a lot of fun to watch. OK, good job and it's your thread Lana.

Thanks.

This actor born into an acting family was immediately nicknamed for a character in a epic film and would win two Emmys for tv movies, based on true events, one made in 1991 and the other in 1993. And not only that, but he made a tv movie in 1993, in which I get the impression that it is one of the most played tv movies on the Lifetime network ever since then, which is about a most duplicitous husband. Name the actor and three tv movies in question.

Beau Bridges named after Ashley and Melanie's son Beau.????

Elvis and The Colonel: The Untold Story

Without Warning The James Brady Story

The Man With 3 Wives

Your answer is completely correct except instead of the Elvis movie, Beau Bridges won an Emmy for his performance in the true story of the Texas Cheerleader-Murdering Mom. And, that movie where he has three wives has to have broken a record on LMN. It used to be on all the time. Your turn and thanks for all of your hard work.

Edited by: allaboutlana on May 31, 2012 2:37 PM

Thanks. I'm crazy about those Bridges Brothers. Not just good actors, but seem like truly fine men, just like their dad. I haven't been able to get on the bds for the last 20 minutes. Has anyone else had any problems?

I'm leaving the Thread Open for 2 reasons. Want to give someone else a turn, and if I can't get back on the bds. again it may turn into another drawn out saga, like the last time. :_|

1970's TVM, one of the "explore a problem" plots, that is now outdated. It deals with a medical problem that is relatively tame by today's standards. One surprise is a quite lovely theme song, performed by the female lead, who is not generally known as a singer. She is still working, and has a support role in a current series.

TVM? Star or stars?

The star has an Oscar, and multiple Emmys. Her resume shows 5 "Soundtrack" credits, all connected with productions that she worked. She was not a touring singer; she did not crank out albums.

A wife discovers that she has a venereal disease, her husband the only source. Then she learns she's pregnent. The plot goes into the routines for such occasions -- notification to all partners, etc.

Correct re *Someone I Touched*, 'lana. This story is something of a curio, focusing on VD as it existed in the 1970s. The advent of the AIDS epidemic has made the conflict of that story rather tame. But, for it's time, a meaningful and informative story.

It compares somewhat with 1951's *Detective Story*. Great tale in the aspect of a-day-in-the-life-of-a precinct, but all that hoopla over an abortion to which the woman consented? Would a majority of today's audience see what the fuss was about?

allaboutlana's thread.

Thanks. A popular tv actor for years plays a doctor with murder in mind only to get a few surprises himself in this 1971 tv movie.

I didn't know this, when I posted this yesterday, but this movie was just on this morning on another movie channel that is discussed quite frequently on the general discussion boards.

The actor in question has been on at least three very successful tv shows, and is famous for his easily recognizeable voice.

John Forsythe, *Murder Once Removed*

Let's try this:

A woman serving jury duty for a murder trial in this 1970s tv movie makes a startling discovery. What is it? And, name her and the future Oscar-nominated actor featured.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Jun 15, 2012 12:06 AM

A woman serving jury duty for a murder trial in this 1970s tv movie thinks her husband is the real murderer. Name the tv film, the actress and the future Oscar-nominated actor featured. I thought flash might know this.

> {quote:title=allaboutlana wrote: }{quote} I thought flash might know this.

Nope. Sounds familiar, but nothing comes to mind.

An excellent series of movies made for TV by a network that has lost it's path with reality-themed programs is based on a novel originally made into a movie starring Gregory Peck. All you need is a name of the lead character??

Late 1970s. two-night miniseries, later reworked into a TVM. Also followed by a 1&1/2 season series. New York setting; a conflict with Black activists. A set-up to deliberately assissinate a Police Officer and gain media attention.

This story is sourced from a novel by a former assistant to the police commissioner of NYC. Some inside glimpses. Cops covering for a fellow officer who had a drinking problem. The adaptation of female officers on patrol, male-&-female teams in the patrol cars, etc.

An undercover cop observes a teen lad shoplifting in a drug store. The kid's dad, a clothing-store owner, appeals to the Chief of Detectives for a break. The Chief of Ds shows up at the store, gets new suits for himself and his son. Bargain completed.