Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
allaboutlana

TVMovie/Miniseries Trivia

Thanks.

Based on a bestselling novel, loosely based on some real characters. Politics, murder, great wealth and Hollywood all mixed into the plot. Mini-series title?

A woman knows that a man of great wealth and connections has committed a murder and has gotten away with it. She's the man's mistress.Mid to late 1900's.

This mini-series is based on a best seller by a very famous author. The author has changed some of the details,(characters, professions,etc.) however, this scandal did haappen in the early 1980's and involved very rich, powerful, prominent people

That seems to fit 1991's *An Inconvenient Woman*. It is sourced from a Dominick Dunne book, and Upper Crust Sleaze is a specialty with him. Jason Robards, Jill Eikenberry, Rebecca De Mornay, Roddy McDowell, etc. Based on an incident involving the Bloomingdale family.

???

I don't consider Dominick Dunne's books sleaze. Yes, this may not be high brow, but entertaining reading nonetheless.This is based on the TRUE story of the affair that Alfred Bloomingdale had with model Vicki Morgan who was found murdered. Bloomingdale and his wife were good friends of Ronald and Nancy Reagan ,Reagan was President at the time of the incident. You might want to read Dominick Dunne before you pass judgement. The mini series starred Oscar winner Jason Robards It was a good read, and a good mini-series. btw, The NY Times gave the book an Excellent review, and an Excellent review to the mini-series.Your thread.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Sep 14, 2012 11:57 AM

OK. I'll jump in.

A blast from the past: 1970s

A young woman finds that her husband has left her, and has begun filing for divorce. Soon to be completely penniless, she must find a job. Her neighbor offers solace and comfort, but she is devastated.

I may not have much time to play, but I do read threads from time to time. Love it!

Sorry, flashback. Its not *Make Me An Offer .*

The young woman finds a job as a lifeguard.

No, flashback, Lindsay Wagner is not involved. Sorry.

While working as a lifeguard, others discover her fear of jumping off the high dive. Her neighbor who befriends her after the shocking news that her husband has left her for another woman is a famous actor who found work on screen from the 30s to the 80s.

The famous actor's granddaughter appeared at the Turner Classic Movies Film Festival 2012 introducing one of his films from the 1930's.

Yes, it is part of the clues about the made for television movie, but it's not Anjelica Huston.

The grandaughter of the film actor who played the kindly neighbor in the film in question introduced *Counselor-At-Law* at the TCMFF 2012 in LA.

Going on the assumption that you were referring to Illeana Douglas, I looked up the filmography of Melvyn Douglas and found an early seventies movie that starred Trish Van Devere called "Two Is a Happy Number". It's original title was "One Is A Lonely Number". According to IMDB, this is not a made for TV movie, but a theatrical release. It also sounds a lot like "An Unmarried Woman", which was released a few years later.

I'm hoping Sue2 will come back and give the answer, but with no new info since Sept. 18, I'm assuming abandoned thread.

Early 1990s TVM. Harrowing drama of the "address an issue" type, in this case, domestic abuse. A couple are divorced, on amicable and civil terms. They are sharing custody of the children. But the new man that comes into the mother's life is a violent abuser. One point: The ex-hubby and the new boyfriend are portrayed by actors who, earlier in the century, had built solid reputations in comedy.

Edited by: flashback42 on Oct 1, 2012 10:50 AM

(15,456)

On a weekend when the mother is scheduled to have the children, the boyfriend is resentful that she will not go with him on a trip-for-two that he has been able to arrange. The father, trying to be cooperative, agrees to take the children himself, on an outing that he has planned.

On his own trip, the children along, the father uses a pay phone to call in for messages. He gets a recorded message from the new boyfriend, saying that there was an argument, and, "I, uh, I slapped ________."

The father takes action, in spite of his Ex's objections. He has no legal grounds to try to protect his ex-wife, but he flatly refuses to let his children return to her home, where they may be witness such events.

Just wanted to revisit here. Miles is correct in his response about *One is a Lonely Number/Two is a Happy Number* comment. Sorry I wasn't prompt, but I had a work-related injury, and became side-tracked about the most important things in life like the "TV Movie/Miniseries Trivia" thread! Do forgive, flashback and Miles...all is well for me now. :-)

:D Sue2, I'm glad you're back, and I'm glad you're okay. In fact, I'm going to celebrate the occasion by retiring the questions concerning this very depressing TVM, in order to let Miles decide what to do with the thread.

After over 175 Views: The 1993 TVM *The Only Way Out* starred John Ritter as the divorced father and Henry Winkler as the divorced mother's new boyfriend. They had both established respectable chops in Comedy, and both gave sterling performances in this harrowing domestic drama. No upbeat, neat solutions. A serious look at a serious subject.

Miles' thread to post a question, or to open.